Thread: A simple way to do AABAABAB ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A simple way to do AABAABAB ?

Hello,

I'm using this excellent piece of software for years, but never took time to add "complex" structures so that player can play them correctly.

Could anyone explain me how to do AABAABAB without repeating the A and B parts at all ?
    Is it even possible ?
    I searched a bit and read a few threads, but I can't seem to figure anything out.

Thanks, regards.

Quote Originally Posted by stephvax View Post
    Hello,

I'm using this excellent piece of software for years, but never took time to add "complex" structures so that player can play them correctly.

Could anyone explain me how to do AABAABAB without repeating the A and B parts at all ?
    Is it even possible ?
    I searched a bit and read a few threads, but I can't seem to figure anything out.

Thanks, regards.

For help with a chart, POST THE CHART in iRp format. (Even if you need to write it using several pages)

The answer (if there is one) depends on the chart.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-07-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Hoping I succesfully copied/pasted it : Title

Oh, maybe important : the A part is wrongly repeated. It is not repeated, this was to have AAB.
    The structure is shown at the bottom : D AABAABAB.
    Last edited by stephvax; 05-07-2019 at 11:51 AM.

On your posted chart, there's enough space to copy/paste the (modified) AB at the end.
    Is D an Intro played only once at the start?
    You would have to write the "form" AABAABAB using text at the top.

If there wasn't enough space on the chart you could condense the final AB (for the player)
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...5854#post25854
    )BOB

Yes, the D is played once, this could be an "IN" indeed.
    I can't write on a single sheet AABAAB, not even A(repeated twice like on the chart posted) and B two times.
    I might try to condense everything as suggested and maybe have 2 versions : 1 easy to read and another that plays right.

Sometimes I'll write out the parts so I can read them, then (since they are already written) condense the repeated parts for the player.

Title 1 - Unknown

Please remember to include correct composer information on charts posted in the forums.

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...er-information

When sharing songs of your own composition, if you can include a link to either an audio file or YouTube, your original chord chart will have some context.

)BOB