Thread: Lyrics?

Default Lyrics?

What I really need is the real vocal book. Is there a way to get this or add lyrics to the downloaded songs?

The lyrics are copyrighted, so books with lyrics cost a lot of money. Melodies are the same.
    What you bought is a BEAUTIFUL app for:
    - Making your own charts (or modifying the ones you download from the forums)
    - playing those charts with a number of settings (styles, tempos, repeats, looping...).

The app is exceptionally well done and thought-out, but the price is low because of copyright concerns, and objectives. One can always get the melodies elsewhere...

What I've done is use the text feature to add a few lyric reminders with the chords. It takes a bit of creativity, and you can't just write out complete lyrics, but a few starting words here and there work out OK.

Actually though,there are chords with lyrics to songs posted all over the Internet, and I doubt anyone got in trouble for doing so. And of course the original fake books had melodies, chords, and lyrics, without paying the publishers.

That said, no one asked the developer to provide the lyrics to songs. Only to make that capability available to users, to add song lyrics. The developer has no responsibility for what someone does what that. (After all, users can write their own songs, with their own lyrics. They can also input songs that they have purchased sheet music for, songs in the public domain, etc.)

It would be a real nice feature, if users could add lyrics to songs.

Any possibility of adding that?

Being able to notate a melody would be very nice too, but I think probably much more complex technically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathon View Post
    The lyrics are copyrighted, so books with lyrics cost a lot of money. Melodies are the same.
    What you bought is a BEAUTIFUL app for:
    - Making your own charts (or modifying the ones you download from the forums)
    - playing those charts with a number of settings (styles, tempos, repeats, looping...).

The app is exceptionally well done and thought-out, but the price is low because of copyright concerns, and objectives. One can always get the melodies elsewhere...
    An idea could be:
    allow the possibility to attach a pdf file (music score) for each song;