Thread: Audio glitch or stuttering

Default Audio glitch or stuttering

Hello folks.
    This is what happens:
    Each time the app is not in focus (either I am using other app at the same time while playing music on ireal, or I have the lock screen on) the sound will start to corrup up to the most extreme distorted and awful sound.
    But the thing is that if I bring the app to focus again, the sound will get fixed very quicly and continue playing as normal.
    This is not about the headphones or bluetooth, because it happens even with just the phone speakers.

This is a S9 galaxy phone, with anddroid version 9. kernell 4.9.59-15367606.

I have tried the open sl audio on and off and doesnt fix it.

What could be making this issue?
    I just cant use the soft like this and this soft is so important to me!!!
    Thank you very much!

Here are a few things to try:
    - turn off your device to clear memory then turn on;
    - shut down other apps that might be open or doing things in the background;
    - turn on Airplane mode and test.

What version of iReal Pro do you use?

Please contact us at support. Thank you.

Thabks so much for your reaply, Im really missing this app a lot.
    I have done what you asked and there was no changes.
    The behavior is like descripted. It takes just under a minute of reproduction out of focus or with the screen lock for it to start breaking the sound totally.
    Version is 10.0.2 (100200)
    I will appreciate so much any ideas on how to solve this.

Maybe a downgrade of some kind? Because it certainly worked before in this device...But I cant tell what exactly has changed.

Hello,
    we have found a few devices where the Open SL setting does not work. We are currently investigating this and hope to have a resolution as soon as we can.
    Thank you.

I find the iReal Pro program stuttering at tempos higher than 120BPM. I've downloaded and installed the latest update and there was no change. I am using the following hardware and software:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 Wi-Fi 2017 (SM-T380) tablet released in 2017. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 chipset, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage and is using Android OS v7.1 (Nougat). Should I be shutting down unused apps such as Wi-Fi?

Thank you,
    jcbourg

Quote Originally Posted by jcbourg View Post
    I find the iReal Pro program stuttering at tempos higher than 120BPM. I've downloaded and installed the latest update and there was no change. I am using the following hardware and software:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 Wi-Fi 2017 (SM-T380) tablet released in 2017. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 chipset, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage and is using Android OS v7.1 (Nougat). Should I be shutting down unused apps such as Wi-Fi?

Thank you,
    jcbourg
    Thank you for reporting this. We are currently investigating this. It seems to only affect a a few devices. We will report back to this thread.
    Thank you for the details of your device as this helps us isolate the problem.