Thread: How do I transfer songs from playlist to playlist

Default How do I transfer songs from playlist to playlist

Please excuse if this has been covered before. I am waiting for my iPad to come in (they are back order 3 weeks) so on the gigs we're just using the Mac editor. But one thing I just can't seem to figure out is how to transfer songs from one playlist to another? I think I can use the forum but hate to post my list as they are just copies of other songs. IS that the only way to copy songs between playlists? Please help.

Thanks in advance-
    Tom
    Last edited by dflat; 01-28-2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: ADMIN edit, change title

Quote Originally Posted by Landford View Post
    ...how to transfer songs from one playlist to another? I think I can use the forum but hate to post my list as they are just copies of other songs. IS that the only way to copy songs between playlists? ...
    Hello Tom,
    You can post to the forums SANDBOX to transfer (you can Edit then delete the message area of the post - where the song code is - after you have finished and we delete what is left of your post.) The sandbox is just for testing or transferring. Posts are delete there from time to time.
    I usually just Email playlist to iOS device... but just send it to yourself. In Mac editor make sure you have the other playlist active, then receive your email, click at the bottom of the email and click to import. It should add to the other active existing playlist.

We will have to tidy up playlist compositing in a future version.

Got it! OK, so the playlist emailed out and imported back into my project perfectly. But when I email myself a song it goes to my email as just lines of code? Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Landford View Post
    ... But when I email myself a song it goes to my email as just lines of code?
    It still should work. Nothing wrong unless it does not work.

Default code in email

How do I import the code in an email to the iRealB program?

Quote Originally Posted by afulkerson View Post
    How do I import the code in an email to the iRealB program?
    What device or software are you sending from and which one are you importing into? Normally you would tap or click on the playlist name. There is some information here under Transfers:
    http://www.irealb.com/support/manuals/ios-manual/
    or post back here for more help.
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Default Please change thread title

Hi Landford
    Would you mind changing your thread title to-
    how to transfer songs from one playlist to another
    nuff said

In the Music app select Playlists. If you want to create a new play list click on the "Add Playlist..." which is the second one in the list on my iPad. Then give the playlist a name. Now you have a new empty play list. Next you'll have a list of songs on you iPad. Just click on the + sign next the songs you want in your new playlist. When you're done, click on Done.

If you want to edit an existing play list then select it from the list of play lists. Click on the Edit button at the top of the screen. Now you can rearrange or delete items in this list. There may or may not be a + button at the top of the screen to add more songs to the playlist. Not sure why it's there on some lists but not others.

More tips:Transfer iPad songs from iPad to Mac
    Last edited by alanniwhite; 04-11-2013 at 09:36 PM.