Thread: Issues with longer forms

Default Issues with longer forms

Are we able to get more room to put chords in for both editors? Longer forms such as Mingus' "Remember Rockerfeller at Attica" have bars cut off at the end. Is there a way to remedy this

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieOrchestra View Post
    Are we able to get more room to put chords in for both editors? Longer forms such as Mingus' "Remember Rockerfeller at Attica" have bars cut off at the end. Is there a way to remedy this
    there is only so much space on a phone-sized screen, so for the meantime we are limited to this (otherwise it is too small to read.)
    This thread might be of interest.
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....within-repeats
    You can have up to 16 bars across a system (limited to one chord obviously) although 8 is more readable.
    Sometimes you have to use two charts (but the player currently does not scan more than one chart.)

ref: iReal b iOS v4.0, Mac v2.0, Android v1.0

Ah, right. I did fix my problem with the long form. I didn't realize how receptive the
    program is to staff text. I do have another issue though. I have been writing a chart up for myself for 'pure imagination' by Leslie Bricusse and it won't playback as there is incorrect spacing and positioning of the chords. (you can see the chart so far in the sandbox). Anyway, I was wondering how to remedy this. (Looking back on this, it seems like a bit of a basic question, but I suppose everyone is new at some point)

...'pure imagination' by Leslie Bricusse and it won't playback as there is incorrect spacing and positioning of the chords...
    You have some split bars (across systems.) Having a bar finish at the end of a system is tidy and works. Also you could probably have 4 spaces making up each bar. This would give you 4 bars across a system. You can use either Small sized chords if there are a number of chords in a bar. If you look at some of the exercises, the layout is quite clean and consistent. Then the player can figure out how to play it.
    You can use INSERT and DELETE beat to tidy up your bars. Everything past that point will move.

There are editing, player and formatting links here:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....ERS-start-here

PLAYER CHARTS vs. READER CHARTS
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...5854#post25854

..it seems like a bit of a basic question, but I suppose everyone is new at some point)
    It is good to start at the beginning! There are lots of members here to help.