Thread: This Masquerade - Leon Russell

Default This Masquerade - Leon Russell

Looking for 'this Masquerade' Leon Russel
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-28-2015 at 04:52 PM.

This one is in the forum's 1200 standards.
    But for fun, you can check this Rousseau numbered musical notation version (nmn).

This Masquerade nmn by Leon Russel

(displays only on iPhone/iPad)

Very interesting. How did you get the barred numbers? And why did you write it out in Ab major when it's in Fm? Took me a while to figure out the numbers in one key and chords in another...

I learned how to input barred numbers (sharps) on the iReal b forum, from dflat who suggested an iPhone app to input unicode diacriticals. I incorporated this into my Rousseau MusicPad iPhone app.

As for the numbering, this tune has a tonal center of Ab = 1, the minor scale starting on 6 (unless you want it in dorian in which case you could use 2). It might seem hard at first but it's actually pretty easy to get the hang of!

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    It might seem hard at first but it's actually pretty easy to get the hang of!
    I got the numbering thing pretty easily, actually; what I meant was that you considered the key as Ab -

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    As for the numbering, this tune has a tonal center of Ab = 1, the minor scale starting on 6 (unless you want it in dorian in which case you could use 2).
    - when actually it's in Fm, and that confused me at first, and I wonder why you wrote it out as it if were in Ab?... Does it have something to do with diacritical symbols not able to notate minor melodies, or other technicality?
    The melody should read (simplifying) "1-2-3-4-5-9-8... etc", not "6-7-1..."

More importantly, the system is interesting and yes, like Chinese notation. I don't remember ever hearing about this in the Conservatory - I'll look into it further.
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Default This Masquerade (George Benson version)

The whole song, suitable for instrumentals, practice, or karaoke. All the solos are clocked to match the recording. The song build follows the record, 1) Intro 3) Verse 3) Chorus 4) Verse 5) Guitar solo 6) Piano solo 7) Chorus 8) Verse 9) Guitar solo to end. This Masquerade (George Benson Version) - Leon Russel
    Last edited by dashow2000; 02-11-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Missing music command. Please add text'D.S. al Fine" to bar 9 measure 4 end of chorus. C9/F#13.. on beat 4