Thread: Is it worth it to have it also on iOS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is it worth it to have it also on iOS?

Hi, I've been working with the app on android for several years now, phone and tablet. I just received an iPhone SE and was wondering if it would be justified to pay again for the iOS version. I searched in the forum but I did not find any discussion about this (at least since 2013). Anyone could tell me if the sounds and the interface are the same on both platforms? Thank you.

Currently, ios has at least three features android doesn't.
    Airturn compatability
    A search field at the top of each playlist
    iCloud synch between iOS devices.

I have iRp on my android phone and a tablet. I prefer using iRp on my iPad mini which is my primary device.
    Perhaps it's just familarity, but I prefer using the ios editor.

IRp was developed for iOS first.

For the most part, using android and iOS is like shopping in two different large markets owned by the same company.
    Everything is there, just not in exactly the same place in both stores.

After I make a setlist for a gig on my iPad, (I use the iPad at my gigs) I also add the playlist to my (android) phone for backup just in case the magic smoke escapes from my iPad. I like having iRp on my phone, in my pocket with me all the time.

The sounds seem pretty much the same to me (but that may depend on the device) the interfaces are similar but not the same.

I'm very happy to have iRp on all my devices.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-15-2018 at 03:02 PM.

You might like to look around here:
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ireal-pro/
    You can compare differences with the 3 platforms if you hunt around enough. Most of the answers are the same.

However you might want to compare other Android and iOS apps (other than iReal Pro), either related to music or not, depending on what else you do. Generally there is more of a range of equivalent apps on iOS.

As far as music is concerned, GarageBand, Audiobus, Notion, IAA, forScore, many sampler playback apps, synths, DAWs, Auria (similar to ProTools), iRig, Avid Scorch etc. make for a powerful integrated music device.

That actually sounds like good advice, Dflat. I've not looked at the big picture like that either. I guess iOS version is totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by LucioCon View Post
    That actually sounds like good advice, Dflat. I've not looked at the big picture like that either. I guess iOS version is totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by A1tradjazz
    I too use my iPad for the gigs, and the way I back it up is that I have the the latest iPad Pro, as well as an older one, so I do all my gig lists on my computer, then email them to myself, which shows up on both iPads, then if my primary one fails, then I have the older ipad.

Thank you
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-21-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Default Els

I bought I Real pro on my iPhone, and now i tried to download it on my ipad mini, and it looks like my (not able to update to a more recent version of) IOS is not allowing the latest version! Where can i get an older version of the app?

Quote Originally Posted by ElsB81 View Post
    I bought I Real pro on my iPhone, and now i tried to download it on my ipad mini, and it looks like my (not able to update to a more recent version of) IOS is not allowing the latest version! Where can i get an older version of the app?
    Email support@irealpro.com directly.
    )BOB