Thread: Global search on forums from Windows OS

Default Global search on forums from Windows OS

On Windows 10 the search button appears to be missing from the Forums page. If I navigate down to the lowest level of sub-forum I can do a forum search, but there appears to be no link to a search of all forums.

The capability exists - if I extend the http address of the Forums homepage with search (which resolves to search.php) then that gives the Advanced search page - but it ought to be (and used to be) possible to get there directly.

All this using the Firefox browser.

A further Windows issue - there is no Support page in which to post this message! Even if the player isn't available on W10, the forums are.

I downloaded Firefox (v18.5) on a Windows 10 computer and it shows the forum Search. Is this what you are looking for?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	504

Name:	ff1.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	505

Does changing the viewing style, bottom left make a difference?

Yes it does! My default had been Metro Fluid with no search box; Metro looks very similar and has the search box; vB4 has a rather strange interface which can lead to the advanced search.

Thanks for the the advice.

PS I'm not sure what Firefox v18.5 is - it isn't listed in Wikipedia's version history. Mine is 63.0.1.

I see now, yes I installed v63.0. Perhaps the 18.5 is the installer application version? My mistake as it is a while since I have used Firefox. This is what I saw as I installed it.

Name:	firefox details.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	507
    Good you have it working now.

I have just looked again on Firefox with Metro (not Metro Fluid) and it shows search very top left. I am checking on a Surface Pro. A little strange why it does not show on your device. Anyway, good to hear you have it working.
    Last edited by dflat; 11-07-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: ran check on FF