Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: iReal Pro and compatible Android devices

Default iReal Pro and compatible Android devices

We will no longer keep an updated list of each compatible Android device (now well above 1000 different ones) as there are new ones coming out every half hour and we cannot keep up.

To know if iReal Pro will run on your device, open the Google Play Store app on it, and if iReal Pro shows as available, then it’s compatible.

If you are shopping for a new device and want to know if it’s compatible with iReal Pro, you need to make sure that it has at least Android Firmware 4.0 and a processor with ARMv7 architecture.
    To find out the processor’s architecture first look at the tech specs for the device to find out what kind of processor it sports, then google the name of the processor to find out if it’s based on ARMv7 architecture.

DISCLAIMER: Due to the overwhelming number of available Android devices and their diversity, we cannot test all of them and guarantee 100% that your device will be compatible, but all the most popular devices (with the above specs) currently on the market do work.

You can post in this thread to see if someone else has tested your specific model.
    Last edited by Niki; 01-05-2016 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Updated info

Works fine on my HTC Desire Z

I dunno if this one is listed, but seems to work fine on the Photon 4G.

Talking Yes!!!

Just got this app on my HTC Sensation 4G, this is the BEST app ever made, I love it...incredible...thanks. I can say that ireal b is compatible with this phone which is also known as HTC Sensation Z310a.
    Last edited by Fat; 04-29-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Tested on my Nexus 7 16Gb. Works perfect.

Just want to say it works on a Pipo M9 Pro with Android 4.2.2
    There are 10 types of people - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hope this is not a dead thread. I'm looking at a tablet that runs Android OS 5.0 Lollipop with Intel Atom z3735g Quad-Core 1.8GHz processor. Will the latest iRP work on Intel, or only ARM?
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

The current version of iReal Pro requires OS 4.0.3 or up so it will run on your tablet.

Thanks Niki. But my main concern is the Intel processor. One of this tablet's reviews stated Intel is "notorious" for not working with some popular apps. Just worried it might affect iRP, since you specifically identified the Armv7 processor in a previous post. Sorry I'm not tech-savvy enough to know if this makes any difference at all.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Hi Dale,
    You are right, we have not tested our app on Intel devices and there is a chance that it might not work due to the audio engine library being compiled for arm processors.
    Intel promises to be able to run arm compiled native code, but as you pointed out, so far it has been a bit of a hit and miss.
    Maybe you can go into the store and log in with your account on one of the test devices and download iReal Pro.
    Otherwise we'll have to wait for someone to purchase one and find out.
    Please let us know what you find.

Massimo.