Thread: Guitar CAGED diagrams

Default Guitar CAGED diagrams

The chord diagrams that are available don't really teach you how to apply theory onto the guitar, they're just isolated shapes.

Having the option to display where the chord tones and scale degrees are on the neck in whichever of the five 'C', 'A', 'G', 'E', and 'D' positions you choose would beat out any competiton in this area. If you'll let me, I'll do it myself for free. I don't care, I just want to enjoy practicing for once.

I can't be the only guitarist here who sees the importance of CAGED. Every 'box' shape for scales you ever learned was because of the CAGED system. It not only shows you how to play scales but how to form any chord you want at any part of the neck.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-07-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Default Better comping chords for guitar

Hello,

Is it possible to improve the recommended chords displayed so that it shows chords/triads close to each other with minimum movement?

The chords could be comped around 3 areas:
    - root chord is A-shape
    - root chord is E-shape
    - root chord is D-shape

Area 1-2-3 could be selected in the settings OR all chords move when user selects another chord voicing.

What do you think?
    yellow
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-27-2020 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Over to existing discussion thread

Are the guitar chords based on the Rock/CAGED system? What I call a Dominant with 3rd in the bass for example comes out looking like a Rock Guitarist chord.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-05-2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread