Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto turn-off display on tablet when closed

Default Auto turn-off display on tablet when closed

Hello ireal pro.

I love everything about it, especially that the display stays on when in use. However, it's also a weakness because I have the habit at the end of my gig to just shut the tablet's magnetic cover, not realising that the display is still on. After a few hours the battery is drained.

Can you implement a feature to auto turn-off the display when the cover is closed?

Many thanks,
    Paul

In the Power Settings on my Asus Laptop, I have it set so that my laptop shuts down everything when I close the lid. The other options are: Sleep, Hibernate and Nothing.

Thanks for the reply.
    However, I'm using an Android tablet.

Sorry we have looked into this and it is not possible.
    (You might be able to find an app that forces sleep or at least turn off display, overriding other apps that keep it on.)

Unfortunately I have almost the opposite problem on my samsung tab s4. The screen turns off and I have to redraw my security pattern to get it back on after a few minutes of not using. the only option is to set the screen so that it never times out.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewjg View Post
    Unfortunately I have almost the opposite problem on my samsung tab s4. The screen turns off and I have to redraw my security pattern to get it back on after a few minutes of not using. the only option is to set the screen so that it never times out.

It times-out even when you are viewing a chart in full-screen mode?
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by polomora View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    However, I'm using an Android tablet.
    All I have to do on my android tablet is press the power button once to turn the screen off and the same to turn it back on.

Yes it times out in full screen mode. Quite annoying as the maximum default time out is 10 minutes. I keep a security pattern enabled so that there is a level of protection if somebody steals the tablet but it's a faff to re draw the pattern each time the screen times out. I have reported it previously but it seems that only my tablet (and phone) have this problem. I have tried deleting and reinstalling ireal.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewjg View Post
    Yes it times out in full screen mode. Quite annoying as the maximum default time out is 10 minutes. I keep a security pattern enabled so that there is a level of protection if somebody steals the tablet but it's a faff to re draw the pattern each time the screen times out. I have reported it previously but it seems that only my tablet (and phone) have this problem. I have tried deleting and reinstalling ireal.
    Quite a mystery. In my experience, in android, I’ll get a time out of iRp when the screen is parked on the library or other function but when in chart-view, time-out seems disabled. Especially odd that you report the issue on BOTH your tablet and phone.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by polomora
    "However, I'm using an Android tablet."
    Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    All I have to do on my android tablet is press the power button once to turn the screen off and the same to turn it back on.
    I think what Polomora is saying, is that normally you simply close the cover, but if iReal Pro is the app in view, you have to remember to do something else instead.