Thread: One Day I'll Fly Away - Joe Sample-Will Jennings

Default One Day I'll Fly Away - Joe Sample-Will Jennings

Randy Crawford version
    This wonderful tune from crusaders times I tried to fit it in to one page... Coda does not play correctly. It supposed to play at the last time but during the playback it plays before everything... Anyways here it is...

One Day I'll Fly Away
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-26-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Chord correction

Quote Originally Posted by urazyjazzy View Post
    This wonderful tune from crusaders times I tried to fit it in to one page... Coda does not play correctly. It supposed to play at the last time but during the playback it plays before everything...
    Hmmm, it is probably the Introduction that is playing first (not the coda) the chords are the same. Also you have a Segno symbol, but use a DC instead of DS (unless you do not mean the segno to be there at all.) You probably do not need the Fine at the last bar, since it should end there anyway.
    Hope something here helps you sort out the roadmap.

I've tried everything and still instead of ignoring coda at the first time it jumps to Coda I want it to go to the Segno sign after the last bar that is why I have that symbol on top of that chord and that is the reason why it is D.S... D.C would make it go to the top I suppose. So If anyone could come up with a suggestion or corrected version of mine I would appreciated of course.Anyone would understand the chart easily but the app deosnt playback correctly which is not a big issue. I also wanted to ask if it is possible to make 2nd and 3rd ending the same ending. Is there sign which I could use or I have to write it down with the staff text feature... Like this example

One Day I'll Fly Away
    Last edited by urazyjazzy; 08-23-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Why not just put Cdim7 instead of Gbdim7/C? It's the same chord. Might fit better for formatting purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by urazyjazzy View Post
    This wonderful tune from crusaders times I tried to fit it in to one page... Coda does not play correctly. It supposed to play at the last time but during the playback it plays before everything... Anyways here it is...

One Day I'll Fly Away

Quote Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
    Why not just put Cdim7 instead of Gbdim7/C? It's the same chord. Might fit better for formatting purposes.
    Because of the melody f-e-eb-e on top.... When you play these changes you also play that melody which has a very important role in that section of the song....

Default One Day I'll Fly Away

Does anyone have the chart for "One Day I'll Fly Away" by Joe Sample and Lalah Hathaway?

Quote Originally Posted by sraenorth View Post
    Does anyone have the chart for "One Day I'll Fly Away" by Joe Sample and Lalah Hathaway?
    Look here: http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-Will-Jennings

)BOB