Thread: Bass Line changes every time I start the track

Default Bass Line changes every time I start the track

Hello,

I use iReal Pro on my iPad to practice bass. At the beginning I listen the track with the bass louder than the other instruments to get acquainted with the bass line.
    During listening "All The Things You Are" (from the Jazz 1350 playlist) I have noticed, that when I stop and start the player again (the current position marker jumps back to the first bar) the bass line changes during the first four bars (maybe it continues different over the following bars, however I can not memorize if it is different or the same I heard the time before. I think I have recognized two or three versions of the bass line, which cyclically change as I start and stop the player.

Thanks in advance for any hints, explanations...

Quote Originally Posted by JoseDE View Post
    Hello,

I use iReal Pro on my iPad to practice bass. At the beginning I listen the track with the bass louder than the other instruments to get acquainted with the bass line.
    During listening "All The Things You Are" (from the Jazz 1350 playlist) I have noticed, that when I stop and start the player again (the current position marker jumps back to the first bar) the bass line changes during the first four bars (maybe it continues different over the following bars, however I can not memorize if it is different or the same I heard the time before. I think I have recognized two or three versions of the bass line, which cyclically change as I start and stop the player.

Thanks in advance for any hints, explanations...
    It's a feature of iReal pro.
    During the time between pressing "play" and when the count-in starts, the player algorhythm constructs a NEW track.
    Each time a song plays, it doesn't play the same note-for-note track like a recording, but rather behaves more like a live jazz combo.
    To study an iRp musical line you can record it in real time or export the audio for later review. You could also export the midi file and study the tracks using a DAW.

Also, experiment using the "loop" feature.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-27-2018 at 12:54 PM.