Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: website not available

  1. #1

    Default website not available

    Did not open the "FORUM" tab for months. Now I noticed, that this tab permanently is not able to connect to "https://irealb.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=13". Site is not available. In chrome I can open this site, the android-browser tells me: "It was not possible to establish a secure connection".
    It is android 4.1.2 and ireal pro 7.0.2
    Help would be appreciated as I have a problem on a song and would like to load it up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    643

    Default

    After some testing, it seems like this is being caused by using an old browser/phone that do not support the latest TLS standard.
    Our security company recently had to disable TLS 1.0 in order to remain compliant with the PCI Security Standards Council: https://blog.pcisecuritystandards.or...-ssl-early-tls

    It appears you are trying to connect using TLS 1.0 which is no longer supported and is, therefore, causing this issue.
    Could you try using the latest version of Chrome/Firefox on your device as a default browser?
    You can simply type irealb.com/forums in Chrome and it should work.
    If that doesn't work, your device may not support >= TLS 1.1.

    We're trying to come up with a workaround in the meantime.

    Let me know how it goes.
    Thank you!

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks Niki,
    there is no setting within chrome or android, to set chrome as default browser for all apps.
    In ireal, only from the butten 'Online Advices' I may choose a default browser (f.i.chrome). But that only aplies to this button, not to the Forum-Tab. There I cannot choose the default browser unfortunately.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1word View Post
    Thanks Niki,
    there is no setting within chrome or android, to set chrome as default browser for all apps.
    In ireal, only from the butten 'Online Advices' I may choose a default browser (f.i.chrome). But that only aplies to this button, not to the Forum-Tab. There I cannot choose the default browser unfortunately.
    Within iReal Pro you can't set the default browser, I meant for your device.
    We're looking into a solution to fix it in iReal Pro.

    For now, you can import the songs from your Chrome browser.
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    For now, you can import the songs from your Chrome browser.
    Thank's Niki, importing works fine this way.
    But is it also possible to export a file to forum when I have a problem with it?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1word View Post
    Thank's Niki, importing works fine this way.
    But is it also possible to export a file to forum when I have a problem with it?
    Yes, when you select Post to Forums, you copy the code to your clipboard and you can paste it in Chrome when you log in to the forum and start a post.

  7. #7

    Default

    I simply prefer using the "Full Site" version of the Forums rather than the mobile version.
    I just keep the forums open in a browser tab and easily switch between the browser/forums and my app/charts.
    )BOB

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Yes, when you select Post to Forums, you copy the code to your clipboard and you can paste it in Chrome when you log in to the forum and start a post.
    Thanks! Works.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Do you have any questions?

Check out our Support page

Sign up to our newsletter
Join us