Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garageband and iReal b

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Garageband and iReal b

Hello,

I'm new to the iReal b and I was wondering if there was a way to import jam tracks into Garageband. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Wayne

yes. Set the player settings along the bottom (key, number of choruses etc.), click the export audio button (8th note+arrow). After export, create a real instrument track in Garageband, then drag in the .wav file from iReal b.

There is (old) information in this thread (but some of it might be relevant):
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....ght=garageband
    I will update some of the information soon as there is reference to iReal b before it could export audio.

Thank you kindly, sir!!! Much appreciated!

Default Sorry, I don't understand...

I have Ireal Pro and Garage Band on my Ipad.
    I'd lie to transfer one track from IrealPro and download it on Garage band, in order to record myself.
    I click the export button on top right of the track , I clik share audio, I choose WAV, then? How can I transfert on garage Band?
    Thanks for your help,
    Eric B

Quote Originally Posted by Hebe View Post
    I have Ireal Pro and Garage Band on my Ipad.
    I'd lie to transfer one track from IrealPro and download it on Garage band, in order to record myself.
    I click the export button on top right of the track , I clik share audio, I choose WAV, then? How can I transfert on garage Band?
    Thanks for your help,
    Eric B
    Check out this link about using iReal Pro with Garage Band:
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...nto-garageband

Hello, dflat ~

What do you mean by "click the export audio button (8th note+arrow)"?? My version of iReal Pro is Version 6.0.1 for Mac OS X, and I'm not seeing this anywhere. I'm sorry if mine is an elementary question, but I'm not seeing a procedure for importing tracks from iReal Pro for Mac OS X into Garageband. Thanks in advance for your support. ~ Phil B.

Quote Originally Posted by PBratnober View Post
    Hello, dflat ~
    What do you mean by "click the export audio button (8th note+arrow)"?? My version of iReal Pro is Version 6.0.1 for Mac OS X, and I'm not seeing this anywhere. I'm sorry if mine is an elementary question, but I'm not seeing a procedure for importing tracks from iReal Pro for Mac OS X into Garageband. Thanks in advance for your support. ~ Phil B.
    Sorry for the confusion Phil, I was replying to the post relating to the iOS version of iReal Pro, not Mac OS X. It was wrongly posted in this forum.
    To import the audio file using OS X version:
    Set the player settings, key, number of repeats, mixer volumes etc. for the song
    Share (top right)>Song to WAV
    Choose a location to save it in
    Open GB, set up a song
    Then simply drag the song file into the timeline (it seems to create a new track for the file)

I hope this helps.

Default New to the forum....need assistance please

I just downloaded my iReal Pro for Mac.
    I would like to plug in my guitar and use the amps in Garageband to play along with iReal Pro.
    Is this possible and is there a tutorial available?

Thanks!

Len

- you can save the wav or aac file of the song in iReal Pro (set your repeats, key, tempo, style, mixer volumes etc. before doing this) then drag into an audio track in GB
    - or iReal Pro can play in the background, so I presume connecting your guitar into GB and playing it live with its effects should still work (although I have not tested this)
    - the audio output menu is bottom left if needed (external speakers or audio interface)

There is no specific tutorial on this. Does this give you enough information, Len?

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    - you can save the wav or aac file of the song in iReal Pro (set your repeats, key, tempo, style, mixer volumes etc. before doing this) then drag into an audio track in GB
    - or iReal Pro can play in the background, so I presume connecting your guitar into GB and playing it live with its effects should still work (although I have not tested this)
    - the audio output menu is bottom left if needed (external speakers or audio interface)

There is no specific tutorial on this. Does this give you enough information, Len?
    Yes, thanks!

Len