Thread: Moulin Rouge (Where is Your Heart) (It's April Again) - Georges Auric

Default Moulin Rouge (Where is Your Heart) (It's April Again) - Georges Auric

Transcribed this today. Sharing for others
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-03-2018 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Expanded title, added composer
    iReal for iPhone, iPad, and OS-X

Your attempt to post a song chart was not successful.
    Helpful information:
    https://irealpro.com/support/
    )BOB

Please remember to include composer information on charts posted in the forums.

Google is your friend

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...m_Moulin_Rouge

Thanks for sharing
    )BOB

I'd like to thank Larry Seyer for posting a chord chart for this almost-forgotten song from a time when we both were young. "Where Is Your Heart" was a song featured in the 1952 film "Moulin Rouge. In the film, the song was called "It's April Again" and was quite different from the 1953 hit by Percy Faith with vocal by Felicia Sanders. In addition, a version by Montovani and his orchestra was also very popular. The song is in a standard 32-bar AABA form with straightforward diatonic harmony.

I edited Larry's chord chart and made some changes. Firstly, I transposed it into Eb, the standard fake book key, as found in the Movie Fake Book by Hal Leonard. Next, I elongated Larry's introduction to 8 measures. Finally, I corrected some mistakes in the chords.

Here it is, a memory from my youth.

Where Is Your Heart - George Auric

Yeah man!
    That's how the forums are supposed to work. Request>Generous Reply>Helpful fine-tuning.
    We're all in this together!
    )BOB

Thanks, Larry and Keith.

I used to play this regularly, but forgot about it for a while. I appreciate the wakeup.

The melody in the film for It's April Again has a few minor differences with the published Where Is Your Heart?

The form of It's April Again is not A-A-B-A, but overall it's Intro-A-B-A-Intro-A-B-A-Intro-A.

The cadence in April has a nice little false ending that resolves with a few simple turns. I prefer this to the blunt closure in Heart.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...7s+april+again

Cheers,
    Jer
    Last edited by engelbach; 07-09-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Hi Jerry,

I remember this song from my childhood but never played it on a gig until last Friday! You're missing some glorious early summer weather up here.

Regards,
    Keith

Thanks, Keith.

I saw the film in a theatre when I was very young. Later in life when I was running a theatre company I met José Ferrer a couple of times.

This is our rainy season. Our real summer is may and June.

But during the rainy season the pattern usually is sun all day, usually in the 70s but sometimes in the 80s, then rain around 3-4 pm for a couple of hours, then clear.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website