Thread: Using iReal Pro with AUM, and how to start playback outside the app?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Using iReal Pro with AUM, and how to start playback outside the app?

I tried loading iReal Pro in AUM as an IAA but I kept getting the "cannot load" error message. I reported the error.

I found the workaround to load iReal Pro in Audiobus, so that it will show up in AUM as an input that way. This is fine, but now when I want to record my jams with iReal Pro, it's difficult becuase I have to tap Play in iReal Pro, then switch to AUM to hit record. By the time I'm ready to record, the fist measure has already played.

Can someone suggest workarounds?

If you record with GarageBand or similar apps, export your iReal Pro backing tracks in WAV format which is now a very fast process.
    Then select 'Audio Copy' from the share sheet options and paste it into GarageBand.

This way you won't have the issue with hitting play in iReal Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    If you record with GarageBand or similar apps, export your iReal Pro backing tracks in WAV format which is now a very fast process.
    Then select 'Audio Copy' from the share sheet options and paste it into GarageBand.

This way you won't have the issue with hitting play in iReal Pro.
    Sounds like the answer is to just an record iReal Pro to Cubasis or other multitrack recorder, then record my live instrument in a separate track. So, no realtime jazmming in AUM possible.

Ok, fair enough and thank you for the quick response