Thread: Ascap / bmi / sesac

Lightbulb Ascap / bmi / sesac

Many of us, increasingly, are in the situation where we have to prepare gig playlists indicating which of the large aggregators (BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, etc.) hold each tune. It would be really cool if this information were available for each song within the iReal Pro database. (If this has been addressed before, please forgive me, I used the search bar and didn't find it but I'm not a whiz with these kinds of forums.)

While PRO (performance rights organization) info for copyrighted material could be of interest to some users, iReal pro does NOT provide any copyrighted musical content. The chord progressions that are contained in user-provided iReal pro chord charts are not subject to copyright protection.

Also, PRO info is subject to change and iRp would be unable to ensure accuracy.

I think the info you seek is beyond iRp's scope and is available directly from the PRO's.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-21-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Hi Bob, I understand that iRealPro does not provide copyrighted content. I guess there might be SOME change in PRO info but my guess is that's pretty minimal. iReal Pro could disclaim accuracy.