Thread: MIDI Export anytime soon?

Default MIDI Export anytime soon?

About the only thing left I can think of for this amazing app is MIDI export of the backing tracks. You did WAVs, now MIDI would complete the translation options - we could then upgrade sounds, change arrangements in more complex ways, etc. I know it's been mentioned before, but seeing as how i am out of other suggestions that make sense, this is the top of (only serious item on) my wish list.

An 'Export as MIDI' option would be great! Another possibility would be direct midi out (via Apple Camera kit + ubs midi interface) which might be easier to implement.

It is on our list. Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    It is on our list. Thanks for the idea.
    It would work for me as well...

Default Can I second this nomination?!

Midi export would be an awesome feature! Can't wait to see it added

Producing internal midi tracks is a lot of work. A potential problem with midi file export or direct midi output is that anyone could copy them which might not be in iRealb's best interest for now.

I realized this when working with SampleTank iOS. None of their midi presets are accessible (unless you jailbreak your iPhone).

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Producing internal midi tracks is a lot of work. A potential problem with midi file export or direct midi output is that anyone could copy them which might not be in iRealb's best interest for now.
    Currently ithe app exports audio files, which also could be used by anyone, that hasn't been an issue. You still have to export via iTures in the apps section.

I hope I was wrong. Maybe it's OK if iReal b tracks get mixed into commercial recordings.
    Future updates will be iOS4 minimum (necessary for direct MIDI output).