Thread: Practicality of big Hannspree Android tablets

Default Practicality of big Hannspree Android tablets

Hi. I have been looking at Hannspree Poseidon 11.6 and Titon 13.3" tablets. Has anyone used either of these for Ireal and perhaps other music apps on live gigs? They seem to be really good value although the Titon only uses Android 5 and Poseidon Android 6 OS. I currently have a new 9.7 ipad and a 10.1 Acer tablet which are both ok but sometimes on very busy ireal charts if I look away for a second or two I loose my place in the song. I sometimes use pdfs with full music charts and they are very hard to follow specially on the ipad. So thinking perhaps a bigger screen will help. My first thought is that I doubt either of the Hannspree's will fit onto standard tablet holders and another consideration is battery life as I don't want any power adapters in use during a gig. Another factor might be weight and the sheer practicality of carrying and protecting - specially the 13.3" model. So any shared experience using these with live gigs ill be appreciated.

I have an Aspen 1320, which I think is the same tablet as the Titon sold under a different label. That tablet was sold with a bunch of different labels. I use it with Mobile Sheets Pro, not iRealPro, because the band I use it with is all pdf charts. In general it's a very good music reader, but a pretty crappy tablet for any other use. The display is definitely a cut below the iPads in quality / res, but it's plenty good enough for reading charts. I love having such a big display - everybody in that band uses these same tablets. I was using it long before the big iPads were available, and I feel no need to spend the big $$ on a big iPad for this purpose, nor would I be comfortable with a big, expensive iPad on a semi-precarious stand on stage. The battery life is fine to get through a multi-set gig.

The only tablet holder I could find to fit it is this one, though there may be others now. I carry it in this Pelican case.

If you just want a very capable, large music reader, then go for it. You can't beat it at the price. But don't expect much more than that.
    Last edited by loonsailor; 05-30-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Many thanks. Very useful info