Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old And Wise - Alan Parsons

Default Old And Wise - Alan Parsons

Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-20-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Added youtube

Very nice, Bob. Lovely song.

How did you get a free download from Scribd?

Clever the way you added the b9 in text to the D7sus. In iReal Pro I would have written it as Aø/D, just to get the right sound, even though that notation obscures its dominant function..

Of course, it's also called a Phrygian chord, but there's no standard shorthand for that. On a lead sheet I sometimes put just "phry" because saves space from 7susb9.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Quote Originally Posted by engelbach View Post
    Very nice, Bob. Lovely song.

How did you get a free download from Scribd?

Clever the way you added the b9 in text to the D7sus. In iReal Pro I would have written it as Aø/D, just to get the right sound, even though that notation obscures its dominant function..

Of course, it's also called a Phrygian chord, but there's no standard shorthand for that. On a lead sheet I sometimes put just "phry" because saves space from 7susb9.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Hi Jer,
    Scribd download?
    I didn't download...just viewed it online. The link I posted, I copied from the url field. Did it go to a paywall?

Thanks for your chord suggestions (and noticing the text addition) I didn't think the b9 in the player there was musucally critical and I basically transcribed the chart in front of me.

I noticed a member searching for the title so I did too. That led me to the chart and, well, you know the rest...

Charts are indeed more delicious when they are served a'la mode.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-20-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Scribd download?
    I didn't download...just viewed it online. The link I posted, I copied from the url field. Did it go to a paywall?
    Ah, I just assumed that it was a free download, but no, it's only available for viewing.

(Of course, one could take a screen shot of each page.)

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Music Website
    Art Website

I had it open in a browser tab and bounced back and forth between it and the iRp editor.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I had it open in a browser tab and bounced back and forth between it and the iRp editor.
    )BOB
    Ja, bouncink ist gut.
    Jerry Engelbach
    Music Website
    Art Website

Thanks for this great song! Apologies if I am wrong, but comparing this with the recorded version it seems to me that 4 beats (?) are missing at the end of part B. (with the words: Oh when I m old and wise). Great il you could check 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Bertcrl View Post
    Thanks for this great song! Apologies if I am wrong, but comparing this with the recorded version it seems to me that 4 beats (?) are missing at the end of part B. (with the words: Oh when I m old and wise). Great il you could check 😀
    You are encouraged to post a corrected chart. I think the phrase you describe is the chart's C-section.
    )BOB

You are so right in the first part of your reply :-). I am rather new both to ireal AND music, so I will study and try! Best

Old And Wise 1 - Alan Parsons
    So here is my humble attempt... in the end one measure was missing in part A and four measures at the end of part B. I tried to fix it mainly by copying other measures, without much phantasy. This was my first editing, So hopefully ok! Had to sequenze the last line to not exceed the 12 lines maximum.