Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: iReal b 1.0 for Android

Post iReal b 1.0 for Android

After months of work I'm glad to announce the release of iReal b 1.0 for Android.

It's now available in the Android Market and supports devices running at least Firmware 2.2 and sporting an ARMv7 processor.

Features:
    A PROFESSIONAL TOOL FOR MUSICIANS AND MUSIC STUDENTS OF ALL LEVELS.
    - Practice with realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drums accompaniments for any downloaded or user created chord chart.
    - The play along feature includes 13 Jazz styles: Ballad Swing, Ballad Even, Slow Swing, Medium Swing, Medium Up Swing, Up Tempo Swing, Bossa Nova, Even 8ths, Latin, Latin/Swing, Afro 12/8, Gypsy Jazz, Practice. See website for demos.
    - Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions.
    - 1000s of songs can be found in the iReal b forum (all the old iReal Book songs and more are there in one easy to import list)
    - Create new chord charts or edit existing ones with the built-in editor.
    - Each song can be transposed to any key.
    - Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players.
    - Create multiple editable playlists.
    - Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal b users via email and the forums.
    - Customizable color themes.

More features and styles will be added in the future but I'm sure this will be enough to give you hours of fun practice for a while.

(Requires a processor with ARMv7 architecture)
    Check here:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....=7110#post7110

-----
    UPDATES
    Rock, Slow rock, 12/8 rock, Cuba-Son Montuno 2-3 and 3-2, bluegrass, funk, tango, pop styles
    Transpose number system (based on Nashville)
    Video tutorials (need internet access)
    Share... jpg image
    Support for background audio (multitasking)
    Upside-down screen rotation (firmware 2.3 and higher)
    Player styles now 14 jazz, 8 latin, 10 pop
    Loop a section, playback from any measure
    midi, musicXML, wav audio export
    Practice feature

-----
    UPDATE V2.0
    new features added.
    - Added new style: Jazz – Swing Two/Four
    - Optimized for tablets in all orientations
    - Redesigned interface to use modern Android paradigms

See complete version history:
    http://www.irealb.com/ireal-b-android-version-history/
    Last edited by dflat; 01-18-2013 at 02:21 AM. Reason: UPDATE v2.0

Bravo !!!

This is fantastic news! An up-to-date Android version effectively *doubles* the potential user base. Also with the current Apple versions I haven't encountered any problems testing with Lion and upcoming iOS 5 (beta 4). So things are really looking good for the future of iReal b.

Thanks for your dedication. Long live our favorite app!

Suggest that you put a link to where it can be downloaded or a graphic for phone camera users
    I was unable to find it on Android Market from my HTC Wildfire by searching on iReal.
    Searched on my MacBookPro and found it, yet market refuses to allow me to choose device and mobile number on which to install it.

Also why are you charging £6.12 for users who have bought the previous version?
    (besides the obvious answer "Greed")

Greed? How about "compensation" for days and months of uninsured labor and creativity. If it's not worth it to you then don't buy it, other wise suck it up whiny pants.

Grande, era da un po' che l'aspettavo.

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by lucytune View Post
    I was unable to find it on Android Market from my HTC Wildfire by searching on iReal....
    Your model is not supported unfortunately as it has an ARM v6 processor (only v7 processors are supported) so it is hidden when you search from your phone.
    Last edited by dflat; 08-07-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Info on ARM processor

App is brilliant. One thing: transposing the song sheets works perfectly, but the player apparently doesn't transpose. Or am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by catopede View Post
    App is brilliant. One thing: transposing the song sheets works perfectly, but the player apparently doesn't transpose. Or am I doing something wrong?
    There are two transpose settings
    - Settings>Transposition - global for transposing instruments
    - Transpose button - the song chart itself (which will change playback key.)

Quote Originally Posted by lucytune View Post
    Suggest that you put a link to where it can be downloaded or a graphic for phone camera users
    I was unable to find it on Android Market from my HTC Wildfire by searching on iReal.
    Searched on my MacBookPro and found it, yet market refuses to allow me to choose device and mobile number on which to install it.

Also why are you charging £6.12 for users who have bought the previous version?
    (besides the obvious answer "Greed")
    It's ironic that you can't use it with your phone, sort of a divine intervention.

Awesome! Bought it right away. Can't wait to see what you do with it as far as adding stuff, here's a feature request- I would like to be able to double tap (or similar) to start default playback of the chart.

Thanks!