Thread: Problem with Backup on Android device

Default Problem with Backup on Android device

Hi

When I try to use MORE..BACKUP on my Android tablet it tells me that:
    "Cannot share files from this device. There could be problems with the SD card or it might be due to running the app from a second user account.
    .......cache/ExternalStorage.txt open failed EACCES (Permission Denied"

Same message if try to share a playlist in iReal Pro Format or PDF.

Any help gratefully received!!

Thanks

Hi,

You probably have another user account on your device and you have to switch users.
    From the top of any Home screen, the lock screen, or an app screen, swipe down with 2 fingers. This opens your Quick Settings.
    Tap Switch User.
    You find more info here:
    https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2865483?hl=en

Let us know if it worked.
    In case it didn't, please send us more info directly about your operating system and device model.
    Thank you!

Hi Niki
    Thanks for getting back to me. The tablet I am using has just one user on it - as far as I am aware - there isn't even a USERS option in the Settings-Device menu so I assume it has been disabled. It also has one Google account on it - which is the one used to buy iReal. I have iReal on another tablet as well (under the same account name) and that works fine for backups etc.

The troublesome one is a generic (i.e. cheap!) AllDayMall A88X running Android 4.4.2. The program works perfectly except for this backup/share issue. I can share playlists via the Forum using Wifi fine - presumably because they use Copy-Paste rather than trying to store a backup first. Don't suppose there's any way to change the default store location in case that is the problem?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by roxers; 04-05-2018 at 02:00 PM.

You have the app installed on the device, not the SD card, right?
    Do you have the latest iReal Pro?
    You can email us at support@irealpro.com directly.
    Thank you!

Thanks Niki - yes, the app is on the device not the SD card and I bought it just over a week ago. I'll continue via email as suggested and if there is anything that might be relevant to others will add it to this post for future reference. Cheers.

Fixed via re-install from Play Store. Got slightly newer version - 8.2.5 (was 8.2.4) - but will never know whether it was a problem with the previous version or just an install error. All fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by roxers View Post
    Fixed via re-install from Play Store. Got slightly newer version - 8.2.5 (was 8.2.4) - but will never know whether it was a problem with the previous version or just an install error. All fine now.
    Thanks for sharing the follow-up.
    Happy an update/reinstall solved the issue.
    )BOB