I thought some folks might wonder why I’m offering this FREE 5 Year Online Guitar Course:
  • My first reason is because it’s almost impossible for young musicians to be accepted into college music programs unless they have had years of private music lessons, which cost thousands of dollars. That means that the only students who can study music in college are the ones who could afford music lessons in high school. That’s not fair, and it’s something I’ve addressed in the Faculty Fellows Program I completed at Seattle University while introducing Academic Service Learning to my courses in 2010.
  • My second reason is to help new guitar teachers who may need help creating lesson plans for their students. These teachers may also need a quick refresher of a concept, or to see a new way of presenting material to their students. There are so few guitar teachers who teach the fundamentals of music to all of their students, and I want to help make it easier for them to teach these important concepts. (Fellow Guitar Teachers: Let’s hang in the Teacher’s Lounge to see if I can help you)
  • My third reason is that this information will help my current Seattle University students and my private students stay on track and get the most out of their time with me. By referring them to lesson videos here, they can get help in between lessons, or move faster through the material if they feel like it.
  • My fourth reason is that I know a lot of folks are busy these days, and they may want to work at their own pace. Since the best way to learn is to study with a good guitar teacher, working through the material independently and then checking in with me (or another teacher who uses this series) when they complete a section or have a question can be very efficient and effective.

Anyway, thanks for taking your time to check out the course. Cheers!