Thread: Deleting playlists

Default Deleting playlists

I recently downloaded a playlist from the forum that was a new version from an already published playlist.
    It contained many new songs and some duplicated ones... so I deleted the older one and selected the option to delete the playlist and move the songs to the trash... the problem is that some of the songs from the new playlist got deleted!
    I think this is not the correct behavior for this functionality...

Thanks
    Cronban

Actually, the app is (unfortunately) behaving correctly.

I mentioned this issue in a previous post
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...8131#post48131

When trashing a playlist, all songs identical to those in the (trashed) playlist are moved to trash from everywhere in your app, song library and other playlists.

Yup, if a new imported playlist should contain charts already in your library and other playlists, when you trash the "new" list you are also trashing any charts you already have that are also contained in the "new" list....

You can restore recently deleted charts from your trash list (top of your playlists section) one by one or the entire trash folder at once.

You could also import the Jazz1300 main playlist again which should only actually add just missing songs back to your song library. You could then "remove" (not trash) the 1300 playlist.

You could also re-import the "new" playlist.

None of those options will add the removed songs back to any other playlists they were in.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-08-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Thank you pdxdjazz.
    What I did is delete both playlists and redownload the new one...
    I'll have this in mind for the next time...

It would be a good idea to have a warning when moving songs to trash from a playlist showing if some of the songs to be deleted also appear in some other playlists