Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to import songs from the forum to your iPhone/iPod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to import songs from the forum to your iPhone/iPod

UPDATE 2017
    Start with the user instructions here:
    https://www.irealpro.com/documentation/

Choose the Forums tab in the iReal Book app (version 2.4 or better) on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
    If you have a working WiFi, Edge or 3G network connection you'll see this forum formatted for the small screen.
    Choose the appropriate category and the desired song topic.
    Tap on the link and the song will be imported to the song library.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-24-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Hi everybody.
    That's my very first post here.
    A question..
    I' ve download some songs from the forum,, but , for example, when you get 10 songs of S. Wonder, and you select composers, why does appear 10 times S. Wonder instead of one?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sucad72 View Post
    ... when you get 10 songs of S. Wonder, and you select composers, why does appear 10 times S. Wonder instead of one?
    Yes I have seen this before. I cannot remember if it was fixed (obviously not?) I presume you are using the latest version of iReal book...v2.4?

Massimo will reply to you via this thread otherwise.

I will fix the issue in the next update. In the meantime all you need to do is to restart iReal Book and the composer will only appear once.

hi massimo, is there a way to avoid duplicates .. for example when i imported the gypsy jazz playlist to get bob's new tunes i got duplicates of all the ones i had previously. i would prefer it to 'merge' any changes , or at least not create those copies in the case that there are no modifications..

When you import a playlist it shouldn't create duplicates as long as there are no modifications in the songs. I think in the case of the gyspy playlist, at some point I started to use the new Web Editor tool to create the playlist and that is probably why the songs are not recognized as already being imported.
    It should be fine from now on.
    Also in the next update to iReal Book i'll try to improve the management of user songs.

Is there any specific playlist you need the single songs to download individually?

So I guess the answer is, unless someone has posted the song on its own, you can't.

To import a song that's included in an inclusive playlist. (songs not linked separately) simply import the playlist.
    If you can't live with having the other songs too, delete (trashcan) them one at a time.
    )BOB

Have you tried deleting 299 songs? Yes it's doable and not the end of the world, but its a major pain.