Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audiobus compatibility

I want to output midi files from iReal Player Pro 2019.7 to Garage Band for iOs using an iPad mini 4 running 13.3.1. to do this easily, I purchased Audiobus 3 for the iPad but I am sad to note that iReal Player is not on the list of supported input devices. Have I wasted my money buying Audiobus 3?

iReal Pro had to drop support for AudioBus a few years ago sorry.
    You might be able to ask Apple for a refund for Audiobus if you are not using it for anything else.

information on importing a midi file to Garageband from one of our users:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...0554#post60554

Default Audiobus alternative?

I read that iReal dropped the audiobus3 support. anyone knows of another app that help combinar ireal and another music app (e.g. GarageBand?)

It’s a huge shame that irealb isn’t fixing this issue asap. Like 99.9% other music apps support inter-app/au to work with daw/audiobus systems. This is very embarrassing to see a famous app falling behind in the modern mobile music production industry.

I ask for nothing more. Looks like it used to work but not anymore, and this is very frustrating. Thank you. A true legendary app like this should have inter-app or au support in 2020!!!
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-30-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Merged two posts, same topic.

Yeah, after getting the recent update some days ago (thanks for that!) I am really disappointed that this functionality is again missing! It would be really great™ if iReal would provide an "inter app audio" or even better the newer "Audio Units Plugin" interface. (https://developer.apple.com/library/...yPG/index.html)

Huh.

I found this thread after observing on my iPad that iRealPro is not found in the list of input apps offered by Audiobus (v 3.4.44).

Too bad that, it would be very useful.

I wonder what the nature of the issue really is, and if effort/coordination could solve it.

I hope someday this can be remedied.

We are so close to having a superb ecosystem on the iPad, but without iRP we are not yet there!

Whether via Interapp Audio, or via Audio Units, (or both), it would be highly desirable here in the field for iRP to be able to fully participate in a unified way that allows level mixing and one-touch switching between all the apps that a user is using at once.

For example, I can open Loopy Pro, add Launchpad and Geoshred, mix all 3 levels from Loopy Pro, and go back-and-forth between Loopy Pro and either Geoshred or Launchpad with a single touch on a nicely presented icon of sufficient size.

To make one specific case, I note that Geoshred offers superb physically modeled sax, clarinet, trumpet, etc. that are a wonderful compliment to the "jazz band" of iRP.

Of course, iRP has many styles, and can be used for many different flavors of song/chord-progression, so even though "jazz" may be primary, there are actually many further uses.

The KEYS for unfettered live performance are being able to easily create a good mix from a single location (e.g. Loopy Pro, or Audiobus) and to be able to immediately and seamlessly switch from one app to another (e.g. to be able to bring the desired app to the front in order to control it, to "play" it).

The particular example I offer above (Loopy Pro, Launchpad and Geoshred) works really well, and proves that this is technically possible. In this case, iRP would take the place of Launchpad (i.e. be the primary backing band).

I sincerely hope you can consider the power and desirability of such capabilty for iRP and reconsider to make the necessary effort to accomplish this.