Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audiobus compatibility

Definitely not working here on iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.6, latest versions of iReal Pro, AUM and Audiobus. On iPad it works sometimes... I sent an email to support.

Quote Originally Posted by kryz View Post
    Definitely not working here on iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.6, latest versions of iReal Pro, AUM and Audiobus. On iPad it works sometimes... I sent an email to support.
    Would be great if someone actually looked into this. No reply to my email. It doesn’t work on iPhone SE :-(

We didn't get your email. Did you send it to support@irealpro.com? Thank you!

Open Audiobus, then select iReal Pro as input. Select a song in iReal Pro and start playback. After that it shows up correctly in Audiobus.

Sometimes it works perfectly, other times not, it seems.

Is the problem it will not load (Tap to fix?)
    We have had this in the past with previous versions of AB v3, (whereas v2 worked reliably each time). We have noticed this with iReal Pro and various other apps either as Input or other apps loading in Effect, so it seemed to affect a number of apps, not just iReal Pro. Each app would either load easily, or would get the ‘Tap to fix’ error.
    Often we got them to load by following the error instructions, force quitting the app, force quitting AB, opening apps first then AB (or vice versa), reboot device, and various other similar combinations to get them all loading.

(We also noticed that some apps had not been updated for a year or two so presumably were coded originally for previous versions of AB, sometimes loading, other times, not.)

With recent minor updates, either related to iOS, or AB or both, we noticed an improvement in loading, especially iReal Pro, although sometimes it is not perfect. And there are still problems loading other apps into AB also.

The results are the same with AUM (Reload errors). I’ve noticed iReal Pro will load, or if not, the error message shows, and usually the instructions for loading it work. I get this happening with other apps loading in AUM also.

Obviously it’s frustrating if you want to load a number of different apps into AB as some will load than others, but vary randomly each time you try it. I’m not sure the order of loading each app (input and effects) makes any difference either.

Since AB v2 worked in a better way, hopefully they will find a way to make this more reliable.
    AudioBus provide connection code for audio developers to use within their apps and as this is updated, we update it in iReal Pro so it complies with their app.

Have you tried the error message procedures that come up when there is an error? (Sometimes they do not work until you play around with it for a while.)
    And do other apps sometimes error when loading into Input or Effect too?

Default Audiobus problem

I can’t use last update of ireal pro (8.3.0) with audiobus 3. I tried everything.
    Ipad air 2
    Iphone 6s
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-08-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

In iOS 11.4 there were many changes to the audio settings by Apple. In order to fix the AirPlay compatibility issues with iReal Pro, we had to change it on our end as well so currently it doesn't work with Audiobus 3.
    You should still be able to use your instruments and effects while iReal Pro plays in the background or in split screen.

If you record with GarageBand or similar apps, export your iReal Pro backing tracks in WAV format which is now a very fast process.
    Then select 'Audio Copy' from the share sheet options and paste it into GarageBand.

Default iRealB with Audiobus3 or AUM?

I've poked around the forums a bit and have found that it's a known problem that iRealB no longer works with Audiobus3 or AUM. The last post on the issue was from a year ago or so. Does anyone know if/when this issue will be fixed? Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-24-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by carneyweb View Post
    I've poked around the forums a bit and have found that it's a known problem that iRealB no longer works with Audiobus3 or AUM. The last post on the issue was from a year ago or so. Does anyone know if/when this issue will be fixed? Thanks for any info.
    Hello, unfortunately we will not be adding this in again, at least at the moment because of technical problems. We may revisit this in the future as various things change, but for now, no, sorry.
    Thank you for asking.

I hope Audiobus or Auv3 can be supported again in the future, would make the app more useful.
    Thanks for the good work