Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audiobus compatibility

Default Audiobus compatibility

Greetings,

This is my first post here. I've searched for info on the Multitask thread, but could not find what I was looking for. So, here are my questions:

1. Does iReal Pro have interapp Audio support? In other words, I'd like to play my midi keyboard using Sampletank while looking at the lead sheet in iReal Pro. I do have Audiobus as well. When I try to switch apps, ALL audio from iReal Pro and Sampletank.

Also, is it possible to substitute the midi sounds being played in iReal Pro with sounds from another app (Sampletank, iGrand, etc) this would go a long way in making the songs more realistic!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TrompetEWI View Post
    Greetings,

Also, is it possible to substitute the midi sounds being played in iReal Pro with sounds from another app (Sampletank, iGrand, etc) this would go a long way in making the songs more realistic!

Thank you!
    This may be helpful:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...1125#post21125
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply. I wanted to be able to use Sampletank sounds in the iReal Pro app.

BTW: I see from your post that you are in Portland, Or. I was most blessed to have been born and raised there....I really miss it!

Edward

Quote Originally Posted by TrompetEWI View Post
    I wanted to be able to use Sampletank sounds in the iReal Pro app.
    Does iReal Pro have interapp Audio support? In other words, I'd like to play my midi keyboard using Sampletank while looking at the lead sheet in iReal Pro. I do have Audiobus as well.
    As you have discovered, to view the chart in iReal Pro while using another audio app is possible. The other app must have the ability to have its audio playing in the background (iReal Pro will allow this through).

Here is a slightly related thread, although it mainly refers to running iReal Pro's player in the background, while using another app for viewing a chart (like a notation chart, or lyrics) which is the opposite of what you are doing. I mention it here for anyone interested:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...g-using-Player
    (make sure Settings>Background audio is ON). You might like to use this for practicing - run some songs with iReal Pro's player/chart showing but use iGrand as your midi sound in the background.

For what you are doing, inter-app Audio support nor Audiobus is necessary, just having background audio within both apps (the foreground app allowing it through; the background app sending it out; most now do both) is sufficient.

I imagine there have been other posts on this but I can't find any. Ireal Pro does all sorts of weird display funkiness when routed through Audiobus (ios 8.1.) anyone know whether this is an iReal issue or Audiobus? If iReal is it on the needs-to-be-fixed list?

When you select the magnifying-glass icon at the top of the page, you get this:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/search.php?do=process

Enter: "audiobus"

)BOB

There have been a number of updates of Audiobus recently. We have fixed the problems in the iReal Pro update being released very soon (v6.1)

It seems that irealpro is no longer compatible with audiobus 3. I can't start irealpro within audiobus. Does anyone get the same experience? IPhone 6s ios 11.3.

I can confirm it also won't load in AUM as IAA node unfortunately. Please look into fixing this! Thanks :-)

Unfortunately it won't load as an IAA node in AUM either. Please fix this :-)
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-04-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Just tested it and it works fine as an input with Audiobus 3.
    Please email us directly with your issue.
    Thank you!