Thread: consolidate library, multiple slightly different songs in multiple lists

Default consolidate library, multiple slightly different songs in multiple lists

Hi,

Say I have a specific song. in three slightly different forms (with maybe slightly different names). used in multiple playlists. (repertoire from bands 1 to 5)
    say I want to ditch version 1 and 2 and keep number 3. and then where version 1 and 2 were used, use no. 3 in all lists the variations occurred... (since of course my chords versions are the best ;-) or at least the chords I want to hear or prefer.. )

can this be done?

Quote Originally Posted by brouw139 View Post
    Hi,

Say I have a specific song. in three slightly different forms (with maybe slightly different names). used in multiple playlists. (repertoire from bands 1 to 5)
    say I want to ditch version 1 and 2 and keep number 3. and then where version 1 and 2 were used, use no. 3 in all lists the variations occurred... (since of course my chords versions are the best ;-) or at least the chords I want to hear or prefer.. )

can this be done?
    To answer your question, you need to imagine that instead of slightly different versions of the same song, each "different version" is an entirely different song.

That is how your app views them in its file system.

That means, if there's a song you want to remove from your app's library or a playlist, you need to remove or delete it individually. If there's "different" song you wish to add to a playlist, you know how to do that....one at a time.

This is why it is important to identify (at the end the title) each version in a way that will be meaningful to you (instead of simply using the number that your app assigns to "new" song versions.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-30-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Use Search then click through each playlist to check an older version exists where it should, then drag the new version into each playlist requiring it.
    (If each playlist is in alphabetically order and the song names start with the same word(s), to check, run the alphabetical sort. The songs should be adjacent or nearly so).

Then in Songs, run a similar search to find all the older versions and trash them (they will be removed from any playlist automatically).

Sort each affected playlist if necessary.

(There is no global find/change if this is what you are asking.)
    If it is actually more complicated than you have described, run a backup first