Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by mikeva View Post
    This is my first post, so maybe this has already been discussed. Is there a way to change styles in the middle of a tune? Like "Latin" for 8 bars then "Swing" for 8 bars then back to "Latin?" If not, that would be a great feature. Thanks.
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-within-a-song
    )BOB

Is there a good way to request specific styles? I'm thinking some of the lesser known Brazilian styles like:

Maxixe
    Tango Brasileiro
    Choro-lento
    Forro
    and a reversed samba pattern (samba is a two measure pattern - first measure starting on the downbeat - second on the anticipated upbeat. In Pagode it is common to flip the order so that the first measure is an anticipated upbeat - the second starting on the downbeat).

A very good reference for guitar players is in Billy Newman's Guitar Atlas book Brazil.

Being able to enter your own voicings, which could then be both heard and seen on the diagram charts (piano and guitar). That would be KILLING! (also: puting back the anticipation feature!)

Default ... and no bass note at all.

Since I've already requested the ability to enter and Playback specific bass notes with and without cords from /B0 to /E3 (or even higher), I should also request the ability to enter /0, or some such, for no bass note with the chord at all.

Don't want much, do I. 😌
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 02-20-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been covered previously, but I didn't see it when I searched.

Is it possible to use an Airturn controller to signify an end of repeats? When using iRealB for drums with other live players trading choruses, it's a little hard to keep track of where we are at in the number of repeats. It would be nice to click a foot controller to signify "ok, this is the last chorus, we'll go to the coda" when we feel ready.

Thx in advance,
    Jim
    Last edited by jarnoldazaz; 02-27-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jarnoldazaz View Post
    Hello all,

I apologize if this has been covered previously, but I didn't see it when I searched.

Is it possible to use an Airturn controller to signify and end of repeats? When using iRealB for drums with other live players trading choruses, it's a little hard to keep track of where we are at in the number of repeats. It would be nice to click a foot controller to signify "ok, this is the last chorus, we'll go to the coda" when we feel ready.

Thx in advance,
    Jim
    As far as I know, page forward/back and player start/stop are the only available functions.

If you write out the repeating section again for the last repeat after the bracketed section, you'll know when the final repeat is happening because the playback position indicator will move on instead of continuing to cycle within the brackets.

Example: you want a 4 bar section to repeat 8x. Bracket that section, repeat 7x, copy and paste the section again for the 8th repeat.

If you are using player repeats, you need to keep your eye on the countdown at the top of the chart to know when it's the FINAL time...
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-26-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    As far as I know, page forward/back and player start/stop are the only available functions.

If you write out the repeating section again for the last repeat after the bracketed section, you'll know when the final repeat is happening because the playback position indicator will move on instead of continuing to cycle within the brackets.

Example: you want a 4 bar section to repeat 8x. Bracket that section, repeat 7x, copy and paste the section again for the 8th repeat.

If you are using player repeats, you need to keep your eye on the countdown at the top of the chart to know when it's the FINAL time...
    )BOB
    Thank you Bob. Yes that does help I agree. I guess what I was hoping for was an undefined number of repeats (for solos) and then when the group is ready to end it, tap the foot controller, and go to the Coda or last chorus to replay the head.

Perhaps a future feature?
    Thanks again,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jarnoldazaz View Post
    ...what I was hoping for was an undefined number of repeats...
    For many (many) years I used an Ensoniq EPS sequencer for backing tracks. Just as you describe, it could loop the song until I decided to manually advance to the coda. This was, and still is actually, the hardest thing about adapting performances to iRP. Yes, it does take some pre-planning to accommodate the personnel on a particular gig. And it's definitely a distraction to keep track of how many repeats are remaining, and hope you guessed correctly. The advantages of using iRP are many (ease of composition, changing styles and tempos, sharing files, etc.) and I would never go back to using a sequencer. But I do still miss controlling repeats on the fly - especially when some couple decides to get up and dance 15 seconds before the song is pre-set to end.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Default A new combo style

I read in another thread that an update for iRP would be released soon. I don't want to be a nuisance, but I would like to see a new combination style Rhumba/Swing, similar to the existing Latin/Swing style. I've made this request in the past, and I hope the development team will give it serious consideration. Ditto for an Acoustic Bossa/Swing style.

I'd still like to see some type of folder system for managing playlists, as well as a way to indicate for each song which playlists the song is in, but I realize that these items would be more difficult to implement. All of us await an update with new goodies.

Hi Keith

I might be helpful to give an example of what you mean.
    Perhaps an iconic song?
    For instance Poinciana has an iconic grove that would be nice to have in the groove toolbox.
    It may already be there?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1hm7KlfT8

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    I read in another thread that an update for iRP would be released soon. I don't want to be a nuisance, but I would like to see a new combination style Rhumba/Swing, similar to the existing Latin/Swing style. I've made this request in the past, and I hope the development team will give it serious consideration. Ditto for an Acoustic Bossa/Swing style.

I'd still like to see some type of folder system for managing playlists, as well as a way to indicate for each song which playlists the song is in, but I realize that these items would be more difficult to implement. All of us await an update with new goodies.