Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Check the "chord diagrams" screen in the player. You can also select bass-clef and view scales in notation.
    If you want to transcribe or view the (walking) bass-lines constructed by the player (new accompaniment each time), you can export the midi-data and use outboard equipment and software to display it.
    iReal pro is a chord-chart app. The developer has provided information about the notes contained in each chord and where those notes are located in different voicings/positions. What to play is up to the musician.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    In edit mode, I would like a key added to the chord keyboard. The key should insert a single bar line at the end of a space on the chord chart. Presently, there is a key that inserts a single bar line at the beginning of a space. Adding this new key would avoid having to switch to the symbols keyboard at the end of a line.
    As Nimbleswitch said, it will automatically add a right barline at the end of a system when you insert one at the beginning of the next system. If you want any other barline at the end (double, final, repeat) you will have to change to Symbols for all the choices.

In edit mode, with regard to inserting text, there are three keyboards. On the #+= keyboard, I would like a flat symbol to be added. Presently, one must use a lower case b to designate a flat symbol, but a true flat symbol would be nicer.
    You should be able to copy the flat or sharp symbol from the chord box then paste into the text box. I have not tested this extensively to see if there are any (bad) consequences in doing this, but it seems to work in my quick tests.

Yes, you can copy and paste ♭,♮, ♯, ø, o and ∆ from the chord box or some other source to a text box or to this Forum, as I just did here, but it's cumbersome, AND the♭and the♮always come with non-removable spaces, front and back. So, e.g., Cm7♭5 looks unnatural and takes up more space.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-05-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Keith, I suspect they're going to tell us that the #+= keyboard is an Apple product, part of the iOS, and that iRP can't change it. Let's hope that's not the case, though.
    Yes it's Apple's keyboard.

Any chance of the iRP crew substituting its own #+= keyboard into iRP?

I agree with Jack: if the iRP crew could create a chord keyboard, why not a more useful #+= keyboard?

I agree with Jack: if the iRP crew could create a chord keyboard, why not a more useful #+= keyboard?
    ... because it takes development time to do this. We may consider this one day, but not for now. Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    ... because it takes development time to do this. We may consider this one day, but not for now. Thanks for the idea.
    As things go, this request is a small thing. I suspect my requests for better management of songs and playlists (that is, being able to tell which playlists a song is in) and a global setting for maintaining the tempo of a song when a style is changed will give the development team greater challenges but will really improve iRP beyond its already wonderful utility.

Default Nested playlist folders

Back in September, I made a request of a similar kind. Instead of a searchable field with keywords, I'd be willing to maintain a number of playlists with different characteristics if I could identify which playlists any song were in, and if I could also do standard database-type manipulations on the lists. With thousands of songs on our devices, we need to be able to sort and filter them in various ways. I think that using playlists would be more reliable, because tags can be misspelled when entered, making them useless, whereas a song either is in a playlist or it isn't. In any case, I do hope that something can be done to help us manage these large song collections.
    As a follow-up to yesterday's post, I quote some of my post from 11/17/2014. As a further headache for our beleaguered developers, I have a further suggestion: nested folders for playlists. I'm starting to amass too many playlists to easily handle. For example, I have a different playlist for each gig I play. I also have playlists for singers, tunes I'm working on, exercises, etc. It would be great if I had the ability to have a folder named "Gig Playlists" and put all of my playlists for previous gigs in this folder; likewise for other groups of playlists. I could, of course, back up each individual playlist on my desktop computer and then delete the playlist on my iPad, but this would mean that if I wanted to restore a playlist, I'd be downloading copies of chord charts that are already on my iPad, making a mess of my song collection with unnecessary duplicates. This request, as well as others, probably requires a lot of non-musical work (=programming) by the development team, as I well know. However, this is a thread for feature requests…

Default iRP's own #+= keyboard.

Refering to the suggestion that the iRP team come up with its own #+= keyboard that includes ♭,♮, ♯, ø, o and ∆ :

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    ... We may consider this one day, but not for now. Thanks for the idea.
    Hey, I'm just glad to learn it really can be done and might be considered. That'll be a really useful feature I'll look forward to iRP having. Thanks.

Jack
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-02-2015 at 11:05 AM.