Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    ...It still has the problem of the Drum playing in the opening beat of the N.C. measure...
    Just touch/hold the 2nd measure and start playing from there.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Default Ability to change bpm during a tune.

E.g., Gershwin. On my sheet music for "I Loves You, Porgy" it starts at q=59, but then at about measure 33 it jumps up to q=108 for the last 30-some measures. Be nice if Playback could handle that somehow.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-25-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Default Ability to enter and Playback chords on eighth notes

E.g., Gershwin, again. My sheet music for "I Loves You, Porgy" has a measure with eight chord changes on the eighths followed by a measure with five changes. Nice if Playback could handle that. Need chords on the eighths for Gershwin in quite a few tunes.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-25-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Default Ability to enter and Playback m13 chords

Gershwin, again.
    Jack

Default Two new keys on keyboards in Edit mode

I have two small suggestions for the next version.

In edit mode, I would like a key added to the chord keyboard. The key should insert a single bar line at the end of a space on the chord chart. Presently, there is a key that inserts a single bar line at the beginning of a space. Adding this new key would avoid having to switch to the symbols keyboard at the end of a line. It's a small thing but I think this change would make editing a bit easier.

In edit mode, with regard to inserting text, there are three keyboards. On the #+= keyboard, I would like a flat symbol to be added. Presently, one must use a lower case b to designate a flat symbol, but a true flat symbol would be nicer.

Thanks for your work on iReal Pro. It continues to improve with each version. I wish I could always say the same about my piano playing…

Default More re the #+= keyboard

Ditto Keith re the♭key on the #+= keyboard in Edit. And if you can remove the extra blank spaces that come attached to the front and the back of the ♭ symbol (like that one) even better. Also, the # symbol is not the same as the ♯ symbol, and since neither the * nor the = keys function in Edit mode anyway, how about replacing them with♭and ♯, side by side? Lastly, re the #+= keyboard, how about replacing ~, €, £ and ¥, which we never need, with ♮, ∆, ø and o? (The♮has the same spacing problem that♭has.)

Where would we use these symbols? In various text notes in charts and right here in the Forums just talking to each other like we are now, for examples.

Seems like all we do is come up with more work for you guys doesn't it? Well, that doesn't mean we don't apprecuate iRP as THE most fantastic app out there.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-02-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Default Replace opening |-bar with a closing |-bar

Regarding Keith's request to add a closing |-bar key to the chord keyboard: If space is a problem with Keith's request, how about just replacing the existing opening |-bar with a closing one? Especially since entering a closing |-bar at the end of a system automatically enters an opening |-bar at the front of the next system anyway.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-28-2014 at 11:02 AM.

I think Jack (Nimbleswitch) makes some excellent suggestions. I do think there is room for both an opening and closing single bar line key on the chord keyboard and would have both. I use the text insertion feature in edit mode for a number of reasons. For me, the currency keys are a total waste; the addition of more musical symbols then just the ♭ symbol, as Nimbleswitch suggests, makes great sense.
    Last edited by Keith88; 12-27-2014 at 03:45 PM. Reason: I learned Nimbleswitch's name!

Keith, I suspect they're going to tell us that the #+= keyboard is an Apple product, part of the iOS, and that iRP can't change it. Let's hope that's not the case, though.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-28-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Features for Bass (electric bass or upright) are completely missing! Minimal items would be walking bass lines, arpeggios, fretboard fingering, etc.