Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

I agree with diyaddict: a narrow font for text input would be very useful. I often use the text feature to input melody notes (eg A, Ab, A#) as a reminder when I play. A narrow font would make for more accurate placement of the notes on the correct beat.

I know I asked a while ago but thought i would ask again :-)

Any chance of stereo panning the instruments?

Thanks

Bendy

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    I agree with diyaddict: a narrow font for text input would be very useful. I often use the text feature to input melody notes (eg A, Ab, A#) as a reminder when I play. A narrow font would make for more accurate placement of the notes on the correct beat.
    If you use the alternate chord entry (small chords above) for melody note reminders, they'll transpose along with the song...
    (yes, there's only room for 4 above a typical 4-space measure)

Also, you can use the Alternate chord field for limited text entry above a measure.
    Here's how: Enter the chord name as W (blank) and type your text-entry as the blank chord's quality. Both upper and lower case is supported. This text entry doesn't change when the chart is transposed.
    This leaves the lower text-entry field available for other uses (lyrics, player instructions etc)
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-18-2014 at 04:19 PM.

I also would like more options for text

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy View Post
    Any chance of stereo panning the instruments?
    Thanks for the reminder, it is on a list. We have spent some time looking into this but there is currently no easy way to implement it. We will review this in the future.
    If it is essential, you could use a DAW:
    - export midi
    - export each instrument (mute the others) as an audio track then sync (should work, although I have not ever done it)
    - use a stereo spreader plugin

I sometimes use the spacebar as many times as needed to add different texts across the page, instead of using text on a specific beat. (And with vertical placement I can often add a text in different places across a system.)

It would also be useful to be able to insert a block of text (a line or more) at the bottom of a page (for reminders, etc). I frequently use the text feature to remind me of the notes of a pickup; I locate this below the lowest line of chords. I'd rather be able to insert this text at the bottom of the page.

I eagerly await the next update of iReal Pro to see what new features will be added or improved…

It would also be useful to be able to insert a block of text (a line or more) at the bottom of a page (for reminders, etc).
    I eagerly await the next update of iReal Pro to see what new features will be added or improved…
    You could try something like this:
    Text below - Unknown Composer
    I cannot guarantee this will not cause problems in the future as iReal Pro evolves interpreting song code, but it might be useful for now. The player ignores empty measures.

We are currently working on an update with a new jazz pack; this might be useful for you. Thanks for your support Keith.

Thanks for the example, dflat. I tried to do something similar but didn't realize that I needed bar lines both at the left and right side of a line to make the text appear in the performance window.

An update with a new jazz pack will be very welcome. I practice with iReal Pro every day and wish that some of the drummers I jam with sounded as good as the one that lives in my iPad!

Thanks for the example, dflat. I tried to do something similar but didn't realize that I needed bar lines both at the left and right side of a line to make the text appear in the performance window.
    Just remember it's a workaround so might cause some kind of odd problem in the future. You can also have the two barlines closer together, using just one does not seem to work, but I like them at either end of the system because it looks less odd.