Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Hi.
    I have two requests I haven't seen that perfect the musical theory aspect and the chart-building process:

1) the transposition roller should indicate all 15 keys, not just 12 - I wanted to transpose to F# but can only use Gb. The choice is made depending on the chord changes, and sometimes in one key they display better than in another

2) more section/rehearsal letters would be welcome. When making charts I've often wished for E, F, and even G!!!

[Continuing the thought, but maybe not feasible or really useful, or too heavy to program: rehearsal numbers that indicate: a) number of times to repeat something (since you can't nest repeats); b) the number of repetition that that section will be played (like "on the x chorus, play vamp", or "vamp between solos"). It'd be like "ABAC" [1]-solos "ABAC" [2]-"2" vamp [played only 2nd chorus]-solo "ABAC" [3]-"3" vamp [played only 3rd chorus]-head "ABAC" [4]- coda.
    Like Coltrane's "My favorite things", or "Spain", but you don't want to write out the whole thing for just two vamps...
    Hope I was clear enough - just an idea...]

3) nested repeats ;-)

4) I second the "start from bar #" motion!!!!

Bonjour, - A simple pointer or hook to lead sheets would be very useful. I'm working iReal B in reverse - I find a title or track I know or like - then look for the lead sheet. Might be wiki ph n ia or such. Or I might have it. If I do have it - usually in the wrong key for my one of my Saxes. that is where irealB is a real boon. However - if playing with others, no so straight forward.
    I don't have the experience to have second nature to jump up/down X number of semitones.
    Lead sheet links would be a real advantage.
    Cheers

It would be nice if the programmers would set the instrument controls independent for each tune. I turn down the Keyboard for one tune, but want it at 25% for another and full up for another. The same with the Bass and Drums. When working with 20 songs, this gets to be a burden.

I LOVE THIS APP!! I only have 3 requests: syncing/sharing of charts between the mac and iOS versions, manuscript/notation capabilities and more instruments with real instrument samples.

Default Latin/Swing

Hi guys

Latin/Swing is good on head in and out, but on solos it just plays swing Can we have Latin/Swing on solos as well?
    Tim

The new Latin/Swing Style is really useful, and the perfect Latin to complement the usage. I'd love to see more of this concept explored - for example, medium/up swing with A as 2/4 feel, B as 4/4 with subsequent choruses till final all in 4. Perhaps (if there is room) a C sub-style power groove as well,( but how you fit all of that in there already is beyond me...)

Thanks as always for an incredible app.

Default Time Signatures

Could we possibly get either 5/8 or 2/8 and 3/8 added? I have a few original arrangements that need it and it kind of complicates the form having to use 5/4 and doubling up the other time signatures.
    Thanks, and great job!

One of the threads made reference (dflat) to a 'waltz' style in jazz pack. I purchased all the packs but could not find a specific style 'waltz'. I realize 3/4 time can be set in any of the styles but none of them sound like a waltz. Same with 'polka'. Is there any plan to add an old time 'waltz' style and an old time 'polka' style. I use irealb for the accordion and the jazz and latin styles work well for many songs but I couldn't find anything suitable for polkas or waltzes. Or any plan to allow users to create styles?

Quote Originally Posted by thisgizmo View Post
    It would be nice if the programmers would set the instrument controls independent for each tune. I turn down the Keyboard for one tune, but want it at 25% for another and full up for another. The same with the Bass and Drums. When working with 20 songs, this gets to be a burden.
    I agree, this would be a useful feature. I also think that panning of the instruments would be very useful especially in a live situation. You could then either a) create a nice stereo mix for the pa or b) pan one instrument completely to one side and send it to a seperate mixer channel for eq-ing, easy volume adjustments, etc.

Thanks for a great app guys. Keep up the good work!

@Tim - Tim, I don't know if this will work the way you need it to, and I have not tried it with Latin/Swing, but it works on other rhythms, so it should be good here:

Instead of telling the app to play the part 4x in the performance window, play it one time in performance, and add a 4x repeat to the score. I believe this will keep the Latin/Swing (it hasn't gone to a second chorus.)