Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    I forget who said it: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Was it Ben Franklin? Aristotle?
    I was trying to think (I studied Philosophy at one time) ... and could not remember ... Google says it was Spock (Star Trek).
    ... and before anyone asks, no, we are not going to create a version of iReal Pro to run on tricorder.

Default My wish list-2 2014

Hi,

I love this app! I use it almost everyday. Here are a few items I'd love to see in a future update:

1. Roman Numeral, Nashville, and Sol Feggio notation.

2. A "Jukebox" feature, enabling you to create a playlist and have the Jukebox play all songs either in order or at random, also the option to play each chorus in a different key or tempo! Awesome for practice.

3. More realistic or sophisticated Comping for Piano & Guitar.

4. The ability to load in a MP3, and play along with it, also to have the ability to Change the volume in the mix.

5. Better midi sounds: Either enable interapp audio support via Audiobus, or a better sounding onboard midi pallet.

Thanks so much for reading my suggestions, I'd love to know everyone's thoughts!

Hi Dflat, I just re-read your post, and I was wondering what you mean here: "and iReal Pro's number system (based on NN) is used by many users. It can also be used with Rousseau's numbered notation for melody in the app called MusicPad (use with either the chord font or numbers):
    http://normanschmidt.net/rousseaumusicpad/index.html
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...MusicPad-Songs"

Are you saying, I Real Pro can play melodies with linked with MusicPad. If so, this is damn near revolutionary news!

Quote Originally Posted by bparham79 View Post
    Hi Dflat, I just re-read your post, and I was wondering ...
    Are you saying, I Real Pro can play melodies with linked with MusicPad...
    Sorry I was not clear, no the melody is not played for you. The numbers are just a reference as pitch for the melody if you want to play it (yourself).

I'm not sure whether I've asked for this or just thought about asking for it. I tried doing a search, but B#, E# and Fb are too short to search for.

I'd sure appreciate the ability to make chords with root names of B#, E# and Fb, and bass notes in slash chords with those notes. I'm not asking for those as major keys, of course, just root names and slash-cord notes. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to add them to the other 18 possible root-note names, so they would be available in Editor and play in Playback, would it? These root names are needed for making chords in the keys of C#, F# and Cb, especially. I suppose those keys are mere technicalities in jazz, but I do enjoy making and using exercises in all 21 possible root names. Thanks for considering.
    Jack

iReal Pro has pretty much solved the issue of enharmonic changes when transposing charts.
    I'd hate to see those issues reappear just so some could practice using notes labeled B#, Cb, E# and Fb.

More discussion here;
    http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0105624...nic&gsc.page=1
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-08-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Yeah, you're right, Bob. That was just me being the technician again. I'll try to rein that in. I'm getting in my own way here -- and everyone else's.
    Jack

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing: instrumental breaks. I know about the N.C. feature in the song editor, but it would I Real Pro a level of authenticity unmatched by any other program if the drums cut out entirely.

Has anyone else requested this feature? I'd love to hear some input on instrumental breaks with complete silence.

Break/tacet has been requested. Here's the latest:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...8945-Stop-time
    )BOB

Sweet!!! Does that mean its coming in a future release? I'm keeping my fingers crossed. God, I love this program!