Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Currently the player only offer a 1 or 2 bar count-in.
    A possible workaround could be to add a 2-bar intro. You could enter N.C's for drums only. Be sure to use double-bar lines.
    )BOB

Thanks. I was hoping to enter it as a feature request by posting it here. It seems like others might have the same problem if they're practicing with pdf lead charts while using the iReal B as a rhythm section.

Hello,

It would be nice to edit with my iPad in landscape mode so that I can leave it plugged-in and charging while using my Zagg bluetooth keyboard.

- Martin

Quote Originally Posted by serhart View Post
    A longer count-in option would be great. Maybe four bars instead of the current two bar max? If I'm trying to start the tune in iReal B while I jump to a lead chart in the unReal Book, I can't usually do it in time to play pickup notes, especially at faster tempos. Maybe there's already an option for a longer count-in, but I'm missing it?
    You could just start the Player on the last 4 or 8 measures (press and hold anywhere you want it to start) using that as your intro. This would give you enough time to pull up your lead sheet, take a big breath, crack your knuckles, whatever.
    Last edited by DaleMac; 04-12-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

So I started using iReal for learning rhythm patterns on iPad and here are my main complaints/feature requests.
    (I write as directly as possible to avoid "I think that" and "in my opinion" noise.)

1. Trying to start playback and view chords is cumbersome. A single click should view the chord and double tap to start the playback.
    1.1 Add a play button near the song title, so you could start it with one click
    --- nice if you want to browse large library of songs you pulled of the forums.

2. Move the playback settings to the sidebar instead of a showing it over the sheet.
    -- It's easier to modify it there, and it's annoying to constantly hide/show it (in landscape mode).

3. The title on the sidebar is redundant... move the tab buttons to the upper side and they work just as well.
    3.1 The playlists edit button can instead be moved done or substituted for a long press on the playlist titles.

4. The extra space gained in 3. can be used to display the web, hub, edit, delete, ... buttons in the sidebar.

5. Swipe from the sides of the screens is unused;
    -- it could be used to show/hide the sidebar/controls in portrait mode.

6. Show multiple measures [4-8] of chords as sheet/tab.
    -- It makes it easier to learn chords since you can also practice moving from one chord to another.

7. Adding to playlist could be done by dragging from the title of the sheet to the sidebar (sidebar automatically shows the playlists)
    -- and then drop on the playlist. (Also it would switch back to the previous view).

Otherwise great work.

+egon

iCloud support for syncing playlists would be great.
    I'm using iReal B on 3 devices and always need to triple check if all the songs are on all three devices.

Greets.

I too have iReal B on three devices and find it hard to keep them all in sync. Please iCloud.
    MacBook Pro 15 in. *OS X 10.8.5,
    Mac: Logic 9 (scoring, producing), iReal b (progressions)
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

It would be nice if when starting the app it remembered where I was, i.e. what song, playlist, etc.

I use the numerical notation in conjunction with key notation and it would be really handy to be able to flip between the 2 without having to go through the preferences. Maybe a button next to where the key can be set.

Thanks. And as always, the most amazing app in the store.

I use i Real B with Logic 9 and I wish there was a way to get the chords into logic Logic can import .mid lyrics maybe something along those lines Logic can not read .xml files unfortunately. It would be nice as well to export the chords as a text file.
    MacBook Pro 15 in. *OS X 10.8.5,
    Mac: Logic 9 (scoring, producing), iReal b (progressions)
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

I'd really to see the inclusion of a practice style with the metronome only playing on beats 2 and 4.