Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    ...You probably will not believe this, but when the idea of the player was first born, the intention was purely for musicians practicing (not live!)...
    Yes, I do know that! And I hope iRealb never loses it's "soul" by evolving too much from it's original mission. I wish I'd had this learning aid when I was just starting out. But even though I've been playing for 50+ years, I never really stop practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    ...I wish I'd had this learning aid when I was just starting out.
    me too!

Hey, I've noticed that the iReal b home page encourages teachers to "use iReal b in the classroom with a projector."

Sounds great, but is it possible with the iOS version? (Aside from getting an opaque projector and sitting the iPad on top of it, that is. . . .)

Curious to hear from anyone who has had success with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgriffeath View Post
    ... "use iReal b in the classroom with a projector."
    They are probably using the Apple digital AV adapter for mirroring the display.
    U.S. store link-
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...tal-av-adapter
    (or perhaps the VGA adapter which is also available.)

Apparently there are some problems with mirroring in iOS6 at the moment (presumably they will get a fix in an iOS update.) It will not work with iPad 1. If you are interested, make sure you test this before you buy to make sure it will work for you on your iOS device.

Also they could be using Apple TV as a way presenting on a large TV screen.
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/airplay/
    ... with a discussion here:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=30&tstart=0
    Last edited by dflat; 10-19-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: added reference to Apple TV

Could someone post a how-to for projecting irb from the average android smartphone?
    I'm thinking in a jam session setting.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Could someone post a how-to for projecting irb from the average android smartphone?
    I'm thinking in a jam session setting.
    )BOB
    normally it would output through its HDMI out? (assuming it has one.) Or do you mean do they mirror? I suspect it depends on the device if it is possible.

Thanks
    Googling "my smartphone" +HDMI = nothing useful
    I'm afflicted with a serious lack of tech-smarts.
    )BOB

Thanks, guys. Another question. I have added "D.S. al second ending" to a chart. It repeats back ok, but just takes the first ending...any advice? I'm basically looking for AABA form, so I could write out the A section again I guess ...but there's no room. I noticed when I print out a PDF, the font is quite big, how about an option to change font size?
    Last edited by Daskren; 10-21-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daskren View Post
    Thanks, guys. Another question. I have added "D.S. al second ending" to a chart. It repeats back ok, but just takes the first ending...any advice? I'm basically looking for AABA form ...
    if you post it here someone can analyze it.
    Or find a song from the forum that behaves, then copy the form, symbols etc.
    Last edited by dflat; 10-22-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: edited

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    They are probably using the Apple digital AV adapter for mirroring the display.

Apparently there are some problems with mirroring in iOS6 at the moment (presumably they will get a fix in an iOS update.) It will not work with iPad 1. If you are interested, make sure you test this before you buy to make sure it will work for you on your iOS device.

This corresponds with my own experience. My first-generation iPad running 5.1.1, and two different generations of iPod Touch (one the most recent) both running 6.0. All of these output video thru the A/V adapter for other apps, but none of the three devices can do so with iReal b, it seems.

Definitely something I'd love to be able to do.