Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is there a way to edit a style, a create a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Daskren View Post
    Is there a way to edit a style, a create a new one?
    you cannot create a backing style for the player (currently.) You can label the style named in song info anything you like however.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    ...You can label the style named in song info anything you like...
    Not everyone realizes that if you type in a customized "Style" name (like "Medium Funk", "Brazillian", etc.) or if you just make a typo (like "Even 8th's") the program doesn't recognize it and any imported/exported file reverts to one of the default settings in Play mode - usually "Pop/Rock" or "Jazz/Medium Swing". You might want to add a mention of this idiosyncrasy in the online Manuals.

And while I have my hand up, let me vote an emphatic "yes" to previous suggestions that exported files retain all setting assignments. I edit my scores on OSX and it's a hassle to redo all the tempos (and Repeat Times, and Styles) after I transfer them to my iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    ... exported files retain all setting assignments. I edit my scores on OSX and it's a hassle to redo all the tempos (and Repeat Times, and Styles) after I transfer them to my iPod.
    EDIT (sorry, coming out in v2.7)
    This should work already as the new song/playlist export format contains specific player settings. The settings need to be altered in order to save, for example, if chorus is already 3x and you want it exporting as 3x, change it to 4x then back to 3x. It also saves player style and tempo (bpm.)
    (You do not need to Play for the settings to save.)

This should work already as the new song/playlist export format contains specific player settings...
    Just checking, I have OSX Version 2.6 (1835). Is there a newer version? I "change and save" constantly but Tempos & repeat Times are never retained with I export/email to my iPod. Plus there are also some annoying minor bugs when I'm editing (fields for the key, tempo, composer, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    Just checking, I have OSX Version 2.6 (1835).
    Mac v2.6 is the latest version (we are currently testing v2.7 which should be out in a few weeks.) What about your iPod? You can check in the Mac app store and iOS App store - it will show if there are updates for any software you have purchased there.

Yes, iOS is up to date (but I don't do any editing on my iPod). Looking forward to 2.7, Thanks!

This should work already as the new song/playlist export format contains specific player settings. The settings need to be altered in order to save, for example, if chorus is already 3x and you want it exporting as 3x, change it to 4x then back to 3x. It also saves player style and tempo (bpm.)
    (You do not need to Play for the settings to save.)
    sorry this will all work in Mac v2.7 - which will export player information - I was ahead of myself.

So I guess the program you use to create styles is too proprietary to allow users to access it? Then the entire program would be public, and no one would buy it any more, is that the idea? Because I'm imagining how cool it would be if lots of "styles" were in the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Daskren View Post
    So I guess the program you use to create styles is too proprietary to allow users to access it? Then the entire program would be public, and no one would buy it any more, is that the idea? Because I'm imagining how cool it would be if lots of "styles" were in the forum!
    I do not think that was the intention. iReal b (iReal book was the original name) in the early days, provided charts with transposing only. There was no player. When the player was added, the original idea was so musicians could use it for practicing - as an in-app purchase, those wanting this feature could purchase it if they needed it.
    The style packs take time to create and there are many small adjustments we do to make them sound as best as we can, within the small confines of the different device specifications. It would take quite a lot of re-programming to open up for importing styles. I am not saying this will not happen in the future, but at the moment we are concentrating on adding other features.