Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

On some songs I use a simple bass/blank chord intro... also used in solos. I want to be able to tell my bass which octave to play.
    Found that an expression pedal will control audio level on the Alessis IO dock, for fades, but would be nice if it was programmable.
    Larger edit area would be nice for fat fingered folk. A great app. Use it in all our gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by mxsailor View Post
    uld be nice for fat fingered folk. A great app. Use it in all our gigs.
    Get an iPad. WAY better editing because of the larger area. I find it 2-3X as fast if I know what I am creating fresh, and much easier editing. Then copy to the smaller device and go Bluetooth to your amp - magic. I love the look in the customers' eyes when I pull a bass player out of my - er, iPod... :-)

<edit>
    Sorry, I guess you are already on the iPad. maybe use a stylus, so fat-finger issues don't arise? I tend to be pretty clumsy, but don't have an issue on this box, though I can mis-key on my iPod fairly easily...
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 04-10-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by lisaguitarist View Post
    it would be nice if the Latin swing style kept up the Latin swing style after the first pass through the song.
    If you look at this app as a setup, as well as a direct real-time player, this becomes a bit more work, but very easy. If you are trying to do this live on the gig, yeah, it won't do it at the moment (but these guys are GOOD, I used to code, but I can't imagine how they could get this much functionality out of such a small memory and engine.)

But if you export the file 1X-in, 1X solo, 1X out (So 3X as a WAV, you get a full chorus of each, plus whatever intro/outro you created.)

I bring this file into Adobe Audition (use your favorite WAV editor,) mark the exact cut-and-paste points for the sections, then assemble my arrangement. After a bit of practice, a simple arrangement takes about 2 minutes or less, and a complex chart like Tunisia, with the solo breaks, long and short intro breaks, all the rhythm changes - maybe 10 minutes, tops, if you know what you want going in.

If you are serious about using these tracks, not jut for practice, this gives you a MUCH wider set of choices. I keep my notepad on the same page as iReal b, so O can make notes about new or edited arrangements. It works beautifully for me, except I'd like to select which sample set I was playing for any given rhythm - the guitar playing the piano chord might sound a bit odd, but when it's background it adds color. And the accordion in the straight Rock would be killer zydeco... But all things are possible through the will of - MIDI export! So you CAN get anything you want, you don't even need Alice's Restaurant (Sorry, I'm probably a LOT older than you.) Just a good MIDI library and some time.

With app called jam genius chord changes are generated automatically. Is there a way to import those chord changes into irealbook? Secondly is there a way to import a text file with chord changes into irealbook.
    PS: The jam genius output looks exactly irealbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathon View Post
    I thought you meant that...

I'd think about getting a pianist instead of using a program (necessarily limited) for your accompaniment... ;-)
    Well, I'm pianist myself...:-) I recommended this app to many of my horn friends, as the playback works great for practicing, but I really think the real time alterations would improve the app a lot, and some basic logic, at least for the basic progressions like II-V-I, I-VI-ii-V etc. shouldn't be that difficult to do...

Be great to be able to set a particular style as the default for a playlist

For instance - if I have a playlist 'Gypsy Swing / Jazz' for gypsy jazz songs - to be able top set the style to automatically be 'Gypsy Jazz' whilst keeping the songs original tempo instead of having to select it each time and save it as new version for songs not originally made in that style.

cheers

T

Newbie!!! Just got it for the new iPad and my Tower and laptop.. SYNC between all devices for sure! Have made a few charts on the 8core tower today.. Would love to be able to instantly transfer/sync to iPad and laptop. Since I'm quite new..I'd love to learn some workflow suggestions for for use with multiple devices! Thanks!

Dave G
    HelldogMusic.com

When using the press-and-hold start, it would be great to have a 0 count-in option-or perhaps 1 beat - but waiting a full bar is frustrating when you're developing complex tunes.

But as always, love this app!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dkgross View Post
    Newbie!!! Just got it for the new iPad and my Tower and laptop.. SYNC between all devices for sure! Have made a few charts on the 8core tower today.. Would love to be able to instantly transfer/sync to iPad and laptop. Since I'm quite new..I'd love to learn some workflow suggestions for for use with multiple devices! Thanks!

Dave G
    HelldogMusic.com
    Hey, Dave G, welcome to a beautiful and functional world of music!!
    There is no cloud sync for now, but it's not needed since sharing and backing up charts is easy: go into the Hub, then "utilities", and choose "backup". That creates an e-mail which you can send to yourself, and download on any other device (which has iReal b installed, of course). In the letter, tap the appropriate links and you transfer playlists and library complete!
    You could even choose to "share by e-mail" from the song view, so as not to download the entire library, just the song.
    Remember that player settings and playlist settings are not saved, so you'll have to do those by hand. For now, there is no way to save those settings (hopefully in the to-do list).
    happy music-making!
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith View Post
    When using the press-and-hold start, it would be great to have a 0 count-in option-or perhaps 1 beat - but waiting a full bar is frustrating when you're developing complex tunes.
    I second the motion!!! (and have seen this before...). A choice between 0,1,2 measures count-off would be nice.
    Live freely. Respect the planet.