Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Use with Alesis I/O Dock. Make it respond to foot switch? Ideally, an pre-assignable ability: skip to the next song, pause, mute piano, bass and or drums. Performers often have their hands full.
    Last edited by mxsailor; 03-22-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Default Alpha Search Selection in Playlists, please...

I now have a number of playlists with over 50 titles, a few with over 200 (Bossa, MedSwing, Funk, Set1, Set2, Set3, etc.) When I work from one of these lists, as opposed to my pre-planned set lists of a dozen or so tunes each, I browse for what strikes my fancy. But frequently one title will suggest another, and an alpha selector would be invaluable.

Is it possible to add an Alpha Selection border like in the Songs list? Does the OS support it? It really would help in live gig situations.

Thanks.

I teach guitar to a lot of beginners. What would be great for me is the ability to have a header section where I can put chord boxes. Just a thought!

I've read here and there, and don't remember seeing this elsewhere; forgive me if I duplicate posts.

I would love to be able to print (PDF or txt file) the contents of:
    - list of songs complete
    - list of songs from style / composer listing
    - playlists (NOT list of songs in a playlist) (this has workaround, but sending via mail can be cumbersome).

An export function would be very Appreciated! ;-)

Great program but some suggestions BTW I am using an iPad

1) Editor screen needs to be bigger, put the edit screen across the full width of the screen with a scroll bar to the right and move the buttons below it. You have a touch area on the edit screen of only 3mm to select a bar, which is the most common function, and a touch area of 13mm for each button. Most of the edit buttons don't need to be that big. Makes no sense

2) When a bar is selected with an existing chord, highlight the text in the text-box so that you can simply type in a new value not have to use the (tiny) delete button to first delete the existing chord. This is very standard programming 101 stuff and absolutely infuriating to work with.

3) We NEED an 8/8 time signature or the ability to halve the tempo of the accompaniment relative to the BPM so we could use 2 X 4/4 bars (come to think of it this would be a great feature anyway ) , If you think not then please can someone show me how to program something like the intro to "Chained to the wheel" by the Black Sorrows?

4) Buttons to move the cursor left and right like the iPhone version not just left. Much more useful than the duplicated number buttons.

5) Big Play and Stop buttons on the bottom of the performance screen. Holding the bar for a second is a good feature but very annoying in reality. A three action requirement to bring up and start a song is not even worth commenting on. Touch the screen to show the menu, select the menu option to open the popup then press the start button!!! Really!!

6) Option to disable not just mute the count in. 0, 1 or 2 bars

Thanks for taking the time to read this, you are onto something really good here.

Cheers Simon

Quote Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
    How about a way to indicate chord rhythms if needed. Just saw the post for Goldfinger and know that right now the chord rhythm can't be notated. Larry
    THis !
    Really missing rhythm note indications for chord placements

An option to play chord alterations instead of simple chords (as the pianists do in the regular performance) - ie. instead of Dm7-G7-CMaj7 play Dm13-G7(b9#11)-CMaj7(#11)..

Quote Originally Posted by vasik View Post
    An option to play chord alterations instead of simple chords (as the pianists do in the regular performance) - ie. instead of Dm7-G7-CMaj7 play Dm13-G7(b9#11)-CMaj7(#11)..
    This is already a capability of the player - edit the chords and choose the alterations as you wish (IReal b wondrously covers basically all of them).

This is already a capability of the player - edit the chords and choose the alterations as you wish (IReal b wondrously covers basically all of them).
    Thanks for reply. I know I can edit the chords, what I meant is to have a switch to play alterations automatically - either randomly, or based on some logic. The same way pianists do in a band - they have simple chords in chart, but play alterations, to spice things a little.

I thought you meant that...

I'd think about getting a pianist instead of using a program (necessarily limited) for your accompaniment... ;-)