Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Default Latin swing update

Hi again, I forgot to mention when asking for a slider for the volume and a funk style that it would be nice if the Latin swing style kept up the Latin swing style after the first pass through the song. It's very frustrating that it just stays in swing mode. When you play say 'Night in Tunisia' with other musicians, you still keep alternating between the styles even when people are improvising, not just during the head. Thanks for all your hard work, it's the best app on the planet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    1)Offbeat chords might work if you put 8 spaces in a bar of 4/4 (6 in 3/4 etc)and just put the chords on the odd spaces.
    You might need to put NC on the even beats.
    Good idea, but unfortunately it does not work. If you put in the 8 spaces and put a chord change in the 8th position (i.e. at "4 and") it still changes chord on the 4.

Hello,

Thanks for this great app.
    I have just bought the extension to see the piano chords and have two comments:

1. It would be great to see chords as written in a score, because I find dots on a keyboard hard to read.
    2. It would be great to be able to see the chords with the voicing/tensions actually being used in the current song, rather than generic voicing.

Thanks,
    Last edited by matthis; 02-21-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Default Feature request

We use this ipad app in performances and it's almost perfect. Would like to have a way to have the app progress automatically to the next song in the playlist with an adjustable timer to space the time between songs. Then we could concentrate on the performance and not the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by matthis View Post
    2. It would be great to be able to see the chords with the voicing/tensions actually being used in the current song, rather than generic voicing.
    this probably is not what you would want, but might be useful for study - you can export the midi file of a song (from the Player window) then import it into Notation software (for instance Sibelius on your computer, or a notation app if you have an iPad) then view the voicings.
    BTW, our Player engine is randomized to some extent so if you render another midi file of the same song, the voicings might be different for the same chords. You will find this also if the song is played a few times through before ending, each chorus it may generate different voicings.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Default Mirror iReal b

Hi! Could iReal b be part of the apps for iOS than can be "mirrored" ?
    Very useful to magnify the score with a projector when playing.
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaguitarist View Post
    Hi again, I forgot to mention when asking for a slider for the volume and a funk style that it would be nice if the Latin swing style kept up the Latin swing style after the first pass through the song.
    Lisa, I export a WAV, bring it into Adobe Audition (any basic audio editor will do) and cut and paste the sections as needed. It's a bit of work but then I have the arrangement i wanted.

I import into iTunes and use Big Button to playback one at a time, or switch back to iReal b as needed. A bit clumsy, but it works and is WAY easier than re-writing the chart...

How about double time and half time feel for all styles . I don't think it should be a probem which is just configuring the coding for the tempo setting. You dont have to create a new style from scratch.
    And also in the editor window it could be nice to choose a section or the whole song and extend or compress the harmonic rhythm(duration of the chords) so that if the chart is too long or too busy looking you can change it.....

Default About Funk Patterns...

Just a comment to those who want more funk. The problem is, most funk grooves originate from a specific bass/drum pattern that is unique to each song. Play I Feel Good and The Chicken and maybe a Rick James tune - there is no one pattern that will give you a feel you can live with (I've tried to find something like this for a different system. I couldn't find a solution.)

But see for yourself, take your four favorite funk tunes by four different artists, and find a common B&D groove. Good luck...

Now what you CAN do to a VERY limited amount (quarter or eighth notes - quarter notes and the whole song double time.) Use the red circle chord(less) to play just the bass, N.C. for holes. IF YOU CAN FIT THE SONG ON THE PAGE at double tempo-every real-time bar requires 2 iRb bars - you can sometimes find work-around combinations of rhythms and bass patterns that can, if not imitate, at least inspire.

Good luck, and if you get some good ones - SHARE please...

I noticed that the iOS version is able to browse songs by style, such as bossa, ballad, etc. This functionality would be greatly appreciated in the Android version of the app. My saxophone professor has this app on the iPhone and showed me how he can find all the ballads from the list, and it would be awesome if I could do that with my Android device as well.