Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Hello Ulrik,
    the only thing I can think of right now would be (for instance) using 3/4 and 4/4 for a 7/4 feel, selecting a rhythm of 'even 8ths' (so it kind of translates to 7/8.) It is not at all what you would want, but might work close enough for some practice in timing. I had a play around with this idea and either had to reduce the drums or bass down so it did not interfere with the feel I was wanting.
    Obviously mixing 7/8 with 3/16 or odd ones like that would be more difficult!
    Also you could try style Jazz>12 Jazz practice just as a beat marker.
    We are aware that our 7/8 needs both 3 then 4, 4 then 3 options.

When we add new time signatures, we would have to work out rhythms for existing styles (where we can) as each rhythm is carefully crafted, but just simple backing would be all you require I would think. We might some day be able to create a separate style pack with odd time signatures.

Currently there is no user defined rhythm input available. We may work on this in the future. At this time we are concentrating on expanding the existing style pack range.

Thanks for your ideas. We appreciate them.
    Thank you dflat considering the thoughts, yes I will try the 3/4 + 4/4 option, I guess that will work.
    Thanks again for a great software!

cheers / Ulrik

Could you incorporate rhythm notation into the player such as found in this version of Ruby My Dear posted a while back.

Ruby, My Dear (Rhythm Notation) by Thelonious Monk

Quote Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
    Could you incorporate rhythm notation into the player such as found in this version of Ruby My Dear posted a while back.
    Hello Diatonic,
    we have not forgotten our early correspondence with you about this (took a long time for me to work on that if you remember.) What I had to do with that example was very ad hoc.

If we implement rhythm notation with the player it will probably be in a much better way. At the moment we are working on more styles so are quite busy testing at the moment. We have other development planned after this, so it will be a while before we can look at anything like this.
    Thanks for your reminder and your posts in all the various forums.

I don't know if this has been requested previously bu it would be nice to have the option of outputting the audio via Airplay to an AppleTV or Airport Express. That way if I want to practice with the player I can output the iPad wirelessly to my home audio system. I don't know if Apple makes the Airplay features available to developers or restricts it to their apps.
    Brian

Default Variations of player styles

For example, it would be cool to have the option to have the bassist/rhythm section play with a two-feel on either the first, last, both, or all choruses when using medium and up tempo swing. Having a style editor might help facilitate this.

Many thanks from UNT for an awesome app!

Any chance of having the Mixer levels saved on a song-by-song basis rather than globally? I'd love to use the Smooth piano/string on Smooth tunes, but the other styles I want bass/drum only.

Hi there, I'm not sure if this has been requested before but I don't have time to wade through all 20 pages of this thread, so:
    I would love to be able to view the entire form of the tunes in horizontal mode and lock that orientation as well. So one would have to change the layout to 8 bars per line instead of 4.
    Is there any chance of that happening in a future update? That would be huge!

Quote Originally Posted by kryz View Post
    ...able to view the entire form of the tunes in horizontal mode and lock that orientation as well. So one would have to change the layout to 8 bars per line instead of 4.
    Is there any chance of that happening in a future update? That would be huge!
    Thanks. Interesting idea. Since with the player running and in landscape the chart does move, we might have to have an option for either one or the other. We will consider this in the future.

If this has not previously been requested, could you consider adding a play-pause-rewind button on the song page, to facilitate the play along feature (which is immensely useful) without the need to tap to access the play screen? Intended to make interaction with playback a little more efficient. Thanks for a wonderful app.

Ted

[QUOTE=trosen;5892]If this has not previously been requested, could you consider adding a play-pause-rewind button on the song page, to facilitate the play along feature (which is immensely useful) without the need to tap to access the play screen? Intended to make interaction with playback a little more efficient. Thanks for a wonderful app.

Yes, me too on that one. Then you don't have to tap the screen twice just to stop. So far the only way I've found to stop on one tap is to hit the playlist. But that doesn't work for pause, and then your song has changed.