Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Thanks, DaleMac, I'll check that out. I tend to think that both versions have identical features.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Thanks, DaleMac, I'll check that out. I tend to think that both versions have identical features.
    Yes the features are basically the same, but the layout and the way they are implemented can be slightly different. (On the Mac) simply click on each of the songs at the forum, make a new playlist, in Last Imported shift-click on the first and last then drag into your playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    You are welcome to post your playlist of Metheny tunes...
    Here: http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...09-Pat-Metheny
    )BOB
    Well, there's really nothing new on my list. All the Metheny tunes I have I got from this forum.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 05-09-2014 at 09:34 AM.

...I tend to think that both versions have identical features.
    Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    ...the features are basically the same, but the layout and the way they are implemented can be slightly different...
    As you probably figured out by now, on OSX it takes about 10 seconds to: 1) Create a new Library folder called "Metheny"; 2) Select the main "Songs" folder; 3) Type "Metheny" in the Search field; 4) Select any song in the resulting list, then do Command+A to select them all; 5) Drag all songs to the new folder. Just another example of how OSX+keyboard+mouse is infinitely easier and quicker for editing than iOS+iPhone.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

(If there's already a way to do this, I'd sure appreciate somebody filling me in.)

I just did a search for "Pat Metheny" and came up with 20 tunes. It sure would be nice to turn those 20 tunes into a "Pat Metheny" Playlist without having to add them one at a time.
    I understood your question to mean: How can I download all the Pat Metheny tunes with just one click?

If *someone* could collate all the (currently available) Pat Metheny (or whatever) tunes into a playlist, AND POST IT,
    then the search and download is easy. It's a dirty job, but *someone* should do it. Additional (appropriate) tunes can be added to that thread by anyone and eventually, perhaps *someone* can update the posted playlist. (hint...)
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-28-2014 at 07:14 PM.

On the simple playlist creation theme, on the IOS version it would be great if you could bring up your song list, hit edit and then have a check-box that you could tick to select songs and then they all get put into the one playlist. You could also have a delete option the check boxes as well.

Of course, I use the OSX version to do all this and essentially have the IOS version as a slave as it's so much easier, however on certain gigs I'm not given the setlist by the band leaders until we are about to start. So having to do it on the fly from a complete songlist is a bit of the PITA but doable. But I am lazy and would like it to be as easy as possible!

This leads me into the next question - when will we see cloud syncing between the versions - this is almost a must have and quite a standard feature on apps and software now, so it would be great to see it on my favourite app!!

While I'm here posting has there been any thought to adding more features to the air turn pedal and what you can get it to do? I've mentioned previously that I'd would love to be able to assign one of the pedals to be a back button that takes you from the current displayed chart back to your playlist list (that would make it perfect, for me at least!).
    I would also like the option of also assigning one of the buttons to bring up the transpose screen as well, that would be handy as well. Pretty please??

Regarding the several requests for ukulele grids similar to the existing guitar grids: when you do add uke grids, you'll need to make them a bit assignable as to tunings. There seem to be two popular tunings for soprano and concert ukes: G4-C4-E4-A4 and A4-D4-F#4-B4 and other standard tunings for sopranino, tenor, baritone and bass ukes, too. FORTUNATELY, the intervals are the same for all of them (ignoring full octave drops on the bass-most string), so you can use the same grids for all of the tunings. You just need to be able to reassign the 12 key names to the charts as a whole. That will be a VERY cool feature enhancement.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 05-01-2014 at 07:29 PM.

I hope for a quick way to tell a chart to favor sharps or flats.

It comes up a lot with Eb transpositions and it can be fixed by transposing the key in edit mode.
    The problem is then you've just messed it up for C instruments and it's really a band-aid not a fix.
    I use Ireal on C Bb and Eb instruments.

Nobody should ever have to look at a chord chart with Cb's and Fb's
    You need them as notes but not chord symbols.

thank you for your consideration.
    bobsax

I'm new to iReal Pro - the former iReal B is recommended by Kieth Appleton on a number of his (excellent) youtube Hammond organ lessons (search for him) , so I got it. Nice app!! Been getting my head around it and 'written' my first song and posted it to the forum (Pretzel Logic by Becker-Fagan). So far, the biggest downside is not being able to choose guitars and keyboard instruments on the same song - according to one post I read from one of the iReal guys they are ALWAYS kept separate and you never get both on any one style. I presume that's a programming issue, 'cos I'm guessing that if iReal could easily make them all available for the user to decide on every song no matter what they style, they would. That's my only (semi) serious bug-bear so far. iReal - you should all be congratulated - great little app!!