Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Default Sticky Style, BPM, Global Repeat, Transpose & Mixer settings when Duplicating

I know this all has been asked for, I'm just adding my vote.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-04-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Can you add a key character for band/chord/drum "hits"? You know, where the chord has an "x" symbol to indicate where the kicks are for a drummer etc? this could also include slurs to half notes etc (i.e drummer notation)? We usually see this below the chord notation.

thanks

Originally Posted by Keith88
    I would like a key added to the chord keyboard. The key should insert a single bar line at the end of a space on the chord chart. Presently, there is a key that inserts a single bar line at the beginning of a space. Adding this new key would avoid having to switch to the symbols keyboard at the end of a line.
    Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    As Nimbleswitch said, it will automatically add a right barline at the end of a system when you insert one at the beginning of the next system. If you want any other barline at the end (double, final, repeat) you will have to change to Symbols for all the choices.
    Barlines inserted at the BEGINNING of a system also make barlines show at the END of preceding system. I have found sometimes editing a chart with right barlines to be confusing in layout, when deleting or inserting measures. I have no problem with using only left barlines, since there really is never a need to insert a single right barline.

From some posts somewhere else a short while ago (bugs?), someone noticed that barlines inserted at the left or the right of a measure create different behaviors with the player.
    They were talking about double-bar lines, but it was a behavior not intended by the developers. I wonder if something analogous could happen by indiscriminately using left or right bar lines...

Default A range of bass notes: /B0 to /E3.

it'd be great to be able to designate the bass notes as, e.g., /E1 or /E2. And for those who enjoy bass guitar (not me) you might start with /B0 and go up to /E3, which would give 2 full octaves to even the double bass players. That'd be something bassists here would really dig.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-18-2015 at 12:23 AM.

I busk along with iReal Pro with saxophone. In the winter the cold flattens my instrument beyond it's ability to tune up by pushing the mouthpiece further on.
    I would really appreciate being able to flatten iReal Pro by nearly a half step.
    I know I can change the key down a half step but that is too much.
    Any hope of this being added by next winter?

Quote Originally Posted by girlinagale View Post
    I busk along with iReal Pro with saxophone. In the winter the cold flattens my instrument beyond it's ability to tune up by pushing the mouthpiece further on.
    I would really appreciate being able to flatten iReal Pro by nearly a half step.
    I know I can change the key down a half step but that is too much.
    Any hope of this being added by next winter?
    There is probably an effects app you can use with the AudioBus app (iReal Pro as Input, pitch shifter as Effects) (iOS only). Or just use a (guitar) pitch shifter (pedal) if you use an amp.
    http://audiob.us

We might take a look at pitch some time in the future but not at the moment.

Default Feature requests

suggestion for update:

have the verse count larger and/or the final verse blink.

thank you. love the app.

(Copied from the Android forum)
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-27-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Default An 8/8 time signature.

I know it would be artificial, but I think it would enable us to Playback chords and/or bass notes on the "and" beats in what could effectively be 4/4 time. So we could effectively Playback bass 8th notes and the chords on the 8th beats in some of Gershwin's measures. (Of course, if you could find a way to just directly add chords on the 8th beats in 4/4 time, even better.)

This combined with the ability to designate bass notes from /B0 to /E3 (or even higher?), which I already have wished for, would surely be loved by bass players, wouldn't it, Massimo? :-)

Thanks for even considering all these requests we're constantly making.

-Jack
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 02-02-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Default Specify inversions

Ability to enter and Playback m13 chords
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Gershwin, again.
    This Q could be addressed if we could ..

specify the inversion of a chord.
    On the piano playing Eb^ C-7 Ab^ F-7 all in root position outlines a sort of descending melody of D Bb G Eb .
    If we could specify inversions we could theoretically have iRealb play heads

The first line here demonstrates how the descending chords i'm going for are muddled in inversions
    Test moving bass stagnant chord vice versa - Harold Arlen
    Last edited by Bobsax; 02-03-2015 at 04:37 PM.

This is my first post, so maybe this has already been discussed. Is there a way to change styles in the middle of a tune? Like "Latin" for 8 bars then "Swing" for 8 bars then back to "Latin?" If not, that would be a great feature. Thanks.