Thread: Feature requests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Request for new combo rhythm styles

I'm writing to the iReal b for iOS forum: Feature requests thread to suggest a couple of new combo rhythm styles. As the Latin/Swing style demonstrates that iReal b has the capacity to change rhythm styles within tunes, implementing these new styles should be relatively straightforward.

1. On 1-04-2012, a member named thesoundsmith requested a new combo rhythm that played in "two" during the A sections of the first and last choruses, and in "four" during the B sections of the first and last choruses and for all of the middle (= not first or last) choruses. This style would be useful for many tunes; a good example is Duke Ellington's "Just Squeeze Me."

2. I suggest that it would be useful to have a combo rhythm for jazz ballads that plays like the Ballad Swing style on the first and last chorus and plays in double-time for the middle choruses. This would be very useful for practicing double-time solos on slow ballads. In addition, perhaps an additional style would play like the Ballad Swing style on the first and last choruses and the even-number middle choruses and in double-time for the odd-number middle choruses, just for variety and practice in going from straight- to double-time.

I really enjoy iReal b on my iPad mini (a great size to carry around with a screen big enough to easily read and edit songs). Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    ... a new combo rhythm that played in "two" during the A sections of the first and last choruses, and in "four" during the B sections ...
    The Swing two/four style is coming in the next iOS update (already in Android.) We have other dual styles in mind (and they do take a little while to construct.)
    Thanks for your suggestion and support.