Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

The new in app guitar chord looks great! Have you considered a similar in app feature for ukulele (GCEA)?

Thanks for the great app,

Ted

I LOVE the new MIDI export! I just have a small request (it's never enough, is it - sorry..) Can you give us the option to save to disk like you do with WAV files? It's a lot faster for me to copy from iTunes than to email and extract. Thanks.

BTW, I also want to thank you for the tap-hold start anywhere, it's saving TONS of development time...
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 01-22-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks for the great app! I'm a novice guitar player rather than a performing muscian and I have thought of a couple of features that would help speed up the learning process:

1) It would be really helpful to have the guitar chord diagram come up when I tap a chord on the page.
    2) I like that the program tends to cycle through different versions of the chords, but it would also be nice to be able to turn this off so I can focus on one particular set of chords at a time.
    3) It would be awesome if there were an air print option to print out a PDF of the chord diagrams for all of the chords in the song. So bascially if there are 4 chords in the song. You would hit the button and be able to print a PDF of the guitar (or piano) chord diagrams for those four chords. It would be really great if there were an option that asked if you wanted to print multiple variations, which would include the alternate positions that the app cycles through.

Anyway, just a wish list.

Thank you for the great app!

I think this is still an outstanding issue... I would really, REALLY like to be able to simply have a metronome rather than the canned Jazz/Latin/Pop styles. I play the bass with old-time music, and the default styles are simply unusable for me. The playback feature is severely crippled if there's no audible reference. If I turn down the drums and so forth that clash with the simple I-V beat, there is basically no audio left.

A simple metronome should be available, either as one of the available styles or as a configuration setting that plays it in conjunction with a style (which should give the option of 'no style' in the menu, allowing one to just have the metronome).

This seems to be a rather longstanding request. The forced styles (without a simple beat) is really my only disappointment with this app.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
    A simple metronome should be available, ...
    Have you tried the style Jazz>Practice without piano and bass volume?

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Have you tried the style Jazz>Practice without piano and bass volume?
    I have tried the three basic styles with the piano and drums turned down (to no avail), but I haven't specifically used Jazz>Practice because I don't have any additional style packs. I had read some reference to doing things like you mention, but it sounded like a sort of workaround. Plus, it's a bit odd to have to buy an additional style pack to escape from using styles!

I'm asking that the metronome be part of the core functionality. Let styles be styles. I was hoping for a simple 'step through the chords' app, which is where IRB seems to have gotten its roots.

EDIT: to clarify the last point about leaving the metronome independent of the style; one might want both. I can envision a future style that plays a simple I-V bass line, but a beginner might still want the metronome on top of it to help learn the timing.
    Last edited by AntonLargiader; 02-05-2012 at 02:14 PM.

I have a request for half-time/straight time jazz swing - similar to the Latin/Jazz, but half-time bass & drium groove. This would work quite well as a brush kit, so I will expand the request:

I'd like a jazz brush Style pack - half-time to straight, an various straight variations like the Jazz pack with sticks. Maybe a brush to stick style.

Thanks, love this app!

Default Double-tap to show control box

Thanks for continuing to make iRealB a fantastic software for musicians. The new play/loop and chord chart features are super useful! When I'm practicing with the playback feature, I like to alternate between "practice" and a style mode. It would be nice to be able to double-tap or three-finger tap any place on the viewing screen and be able to pull up the control box (vs having to each time double-finger tap and then tap the music note symbol to pull up the control box). Thanks in advance for you consideration!

Funk!! Please there are many songs that I just can't play without having a funk style to do so

Default Volume slider and funk pattern please!

Please can you add an on screen volume slider that stays on view during playback because changing the volume when your
    iPad is on a music stand and you have an instrument in your hands is very difficult because you have to steady the device with one hand and use the volume button on the other side.

Please could you add a funk style for tunes like The Chicken and all the other cool funk tunes that jazz and big bands play?

If the 'rock' styles could be improved that would be a bonus but not essential!

Thanks for reading!
    Lisa.