Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by carneyweb View Post
    As I've posted here in the past, I love this app!!!

It would be awesome, for live performance, to be able to loop the middle section of a tune (no intro or tag) an "infinite" number of times, where a tap on the screen (or some other gesture) would let the software know that the current time through is the second to last time. That is, after the tap, the software would go through the head one more time and then do the "outdo" or tag. The situation I'm thinking of is a live jazz gig in which the number of times through the head for solos isn't usually known ahead of time. In know that if I'm in the middle of a solo and the spirit is moving me, I want to keep going! :-)

Thanks again for great app!!
    This is exactly what I would like too this would be such a useful feature!
    lreal B is a great app thanks

Default Performance Mode Use Case

Use Case: Playing on Stage

A group of musicians are playing together on stage and need to play along with the iReal B music on the iPad.

iReal can be switched to a performance mode. In this mode you have basic transport controls (stop, start), a very, very large character showing the currently playing chord, a smaller flashing character showing the chord which will play next, and a tap tempo button. The chords change as the score is playing, and the musicians follow along.

During the count off you can tap the tempo on the tap tempo button. Then iReal will play the score at the tapped tempo, showing the currently playing chord so everyone in the band can see it. The smaller flashing chord will let the band know what the next chord is so they can anticipate it. That way a group of people will be able to play along with an iReal score despite the small size of the iPad.

All you need is a new view and some basic controls.

Quote Originally Posted by reconstructions View Post
    A group of musicians are playing together on stage and need to play along with the iReal B music on the iPad...
    You might want to consider HDMI output (iPad2). This is what is used in classrooms (projectors) and stages (TV monitors.)
    Thanks for the ideas.
    BTW I am not sure if you already use the Tap tempo button or if you want it modified as you have outlined (for anyone else reading this, we do have a Tap tempo button in iOS.)

I would love to play some Ibrahim tunes with a good Afro backing. The present Afro is a 12/8 which doesn't seem to work. Can anyone suggest a style that would work better? Or should I be able to think it in 12/8? Is that the norm for Afro?

As a developer I know what it's like to program an insanely awesome application and then have people say, "Ok but can it do [extra stuff] too??", so let me preface this by saying, awesome job. I installed the iPad app, works flawlessly, UI is pretty and intuitive, and of course the functionality is huge. Finally I have a way to actually make my iPad productive, instead of playing stupid games...

My feature request (more of a "me too") is the ability to notate in a chart when it is changing key. (as has been requested here) This would allow users to take advantage of the Nashville view in standards that change key for several bars, like Body and Soul, Tune Up, etc. (ie, probably a majority of jazz tunes) I realize that this functionality would have no effect unless people actually did some work on their own to add these modulations to the charts, but I suspect the community would work together to update the tunes (I know I'd update a ton of them myself). In the interests of pleasing everybody, it'd probably be best as an optional thing (ie, keep "Number System" as an option, and add "Number System (modulations)" as a new option). As for how to display the modulations, I'm not particular. On my own charts I use a diamond with a number inside it, relative to the original key; so if a tune modulates up a half-step, it would be a diamond with #1 inside it.

Once again thanks for the great app!

Suggestion for the player:
    To be able to define a different play for the first, or first and last, chorus that from the solo chorus.
    For exemple:
    - possibility to indicate that the first chorus the bass player should play usually half notes, and during solos walking (quarter notes)
    - possibility to indicate the drums player normal (first chorus) o double feel (solos)
    And these features be both defined by song

Maybe this suggestion is already made before but I can't find. This Thread begins on a version of iRealB that I think is not the most recent.

Quote Originally Posted by brockfanning View Post
    - My feature request (more of a "me too") is the ability to notate in a chart when it is changing key.
    - In the interests of pleasing everybody, it'd probably be best as an optional thing (ie, keep "Number System" as an option, and add "Number System (modulations)" as a new option).
    - As for how to display the modulations, I'm not particular.
    Interesting suggestion. The optional idea is simple and respectful - kudos.
    You could use a different coloring system... Modulations are generally not to any key, so it could be yellow +/- 1 accidental, green +/- 2, and so on... One know the songs anyway...

Afterthought: I have iRealb set to blue background, white chords, so a blue modulation wouldn't be effective. Color-coding would have to keep the main setting in consideration (like - "if same color as then use negative").
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by amelia365 View Post
    I would love to play some Ibrahim tunes with a good Afro backing. The present Afro is a 12/8 which doesn't seem to work. Can anyone suggest a style that would work better? Or should I be able to think it in 12/8? Is that the norm for Afro?
    Afro is usually - the norm - felt in 12/8ths, and the player sounds good as it is... (don't confuse it with latin...)
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Having used this fantastic app for several months now, here are my feature requests:

1. Ability to set chord change on the off beat
    2. Support for the iPod/iPhone docking station Remote to start/pause/stop the song would be cool (or is it hardwired to only support the Apple music player?)
    3. Double tap a song in a playlist to immediately start it playing
    4. Ability to loop the song is restricted to 20 times at the moment - an infinite loop would be great but maybe this is restricted by the amount of memory available
    5. Another user suggested an infinite loop of the main song with a double tap to indicate "last time - move to the outtro", but maybe this is also restricted by the amount of memory or other hardware considerations

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisko View Post
    Having used this fantastic app for several months now, here are my feature requests:

1. Ability to set chord change on the off beat

3. Double tap a song in a playlist to immediately start it playing

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    1)Offbeat chords might work if you put 8 spaces in a bar of 4/4 (6 in 3/4 etc)and just put the chords on the odd spaces.
    You might need to put NC on the even beats.
    A Ska groove might be a good request for a groove?

3) I also would like to be able to start and stop with the space bar in the Mac version.