Thread: Feature requests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I thought you meant that...

I'd think about getting a pianist instead of using a program (necessarily limited) for your accompaniment... ;-)

On some songs I use a simple bass/blank chord intro... also used in solos. I want to be able to tell my bass which octave to play.
    Found that an expression pedal will control audio level on the Alessis IO dock, for fades, but would be nice if it was programmable.
    Larger edit area would be nice for fat fingered folk. A great app. Use it in all our gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by mxsailor View Post
    uld be nice for fat fingered folk. A great app. Use it in all our gigs.
    Get an iPad. WAY better editing because of the larger area. I find it 2-3X as fast if I know what I am creating fresh, and much easier editing. Then copy to the smaller device and go Bluetooth to your amp - magic. I love the look in the customers' eyes when I pull a bass player out of my - er, iPod... :-)

<edit>
    Sorry, I guess you are already on the iPad. maybe use a stylus, so fat-finger issues don't arise? I tend to be pretty clumsy, but don't have an issue on this box, though I can mis-key on my iPod fairly easily...
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 04-10-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathon View Post
    I thought you meant that...

I'd think about getting a pianist instead of using a program (necessarily limited) for your accompaniment... ;-)
    Well, I'm pianist myself...:-) I recommended this app to many of my horn friends, as the playback works great for practicing, but I really think the real time alterations would improve the app a lot, and some basic logic, at least for the basic progressions like II-V-I, I-VI-ii-V etc. shouldn't be that difficult to do...