Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    I read in another thread that an update for iRP would be released soon.
    Yes due very soon, but sorry, no new styles nor changes to playlists. There's a screenshot of the new hand writing font on our Facebook page.

Bobsax: A tune like "If Ever I Would Leave You" would work well with a Rhumba/Swing style; "My Reverie," Invitation," "All Or Nothing At All," "Flamingo" would do as well. I'd prefer something a bit smoother and without the prominent cymbals that are present in the Latin part of the Latin/Swing style for these tunes (although the Latin/Swing style works great with "On Green Dolphin Street" and "Speak Low"). I would like to be able to play "The Girl From Ipanema" and "Beautiful Love" with an Acoustic Bossa/Swing style.

The Ahmad Jamal version of "Poinciana" is not my idea of a Rhumba, although I do like the performance (treat yourself to another Jamal jem: "Stolen Moments" as a piano trio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HClD5wy7K5s). I'd be happy with the Bolero style to be mated with the Swing style for the combination style I'm requesting, and continue to hope we'll get someday.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-08-2015 at 06:01 PM.

Start the selected section from the beginning again.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE iReal Pro by the way!!

One small thing though. I am practising say the "A" section only, so I mark that section (say 16 bars) and I can then repeat that section over again. But after a couple of bars I make a mistake (I'm learning so it happens often ;-) ). Now I can pause the play and start again, but if I want to start from the beginning of the selected section I have to either wait for the tune to get back to the beginning or stop and then re-select the "A" section. Wouldn't it be great if once you pause a selected passage the current bar was highlighted with symbols for "continue" or "start from beginning of selection".

Just an idea. :-)

Thanks all for a great application !!!

Ciao Massimo.
    Usando iReal in formato orizzontale, apprezzo tantissimo il fatto che il segnaposto attiva lo schermo, e riporta il fuoco dove si trova.
    Il problema rimane nel segnalare il numero di Chorus passati, perché lo schermo, quando il segnaposto torna all'inizio del brano, anche se nella prima riga, non mostra il numero di Chorus passati.
    Credo che sarebbe una utile implementazione, anche se personalmente non ne ho bisogno. In modalità orizzontale si potrebbe abbassare la sovrimpressione dei Chorus passati fino alla prima riga, o far sì che rimanga sempre nello schermo nell'angolo in alto a destra, sempre visibile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathon View Post
    Ciao Massimo.
    Usando iReal in formato orizzontale, apprezzo tantissimo il fatto che il segnaposto attiva lo schermo, e riporta il fuoco dove si trova.
    Il problema rimane nel segnalare il numero di Chorus passati, perché lo schermo, quando il segnaposto torna all'inizio del brano, anche se nella prima riga, non mostra il numero di Chorus passati.
    Credo che sarebbe una utile implementazione, anche se personalmente non ne ho bisogno. In modalità orizzontale si potrebbe abbassare la sovrimpressione dei Chorus passati fino alla prima riga, o far sì che rimanga sempre nello schermo nell'angolo in alto a destra, sempre visibile.
    The issue you describe is not present on my iPad mini in either orientation.
    If I understand your concern, you are unable to see the repeat count-down on your iPhone in landscape orientation.
    In portrait orientation, the count-down is displayed? (After the first cycle)
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by Beans1900 View Post
    Start the selected section from the beginning again.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE iReal Pro by the way!!

One small thing though. I am practising say the "A" section only, so I mark that section (say 16 bars) and I can then repeat that section over again. But after a couple of bars I make a mistake (I'm learning so it happens often ;-) ). Now I can pause the play and start again, but if I want to start from the beginning of the selected section I have to either wait for the tune to get back to the beginning or stop and then re-select the "A" section. Wouldn't it be great if once you pause a selected passage the current bar was highlighted with symbols for "continue" or "start from beginning of selection".

Just an idea. :-)

Thanks all for a great application !!!
    You're right Beans1900 , after pause it starts up where you left it and in loop mode the only way to get back to the top is to ;
    1) wait for it to go around the loop or
    2) press stop which erases the loop and you have to enter the loop again.

A couple things;
    I have a loop on my transcribing app (gAssistant) that alway goes to the beginning of the loop when you press the space bar.
    I'm not sure that would be popular here?

I'd say that you should set the loop at a bar before the place you made a mistake and one bar after it and just play it till you have it down perfect .
    One of the great things about IrealPro is how quickly you can set up your loops.
    I'm a teacher and I used to use Smart Music but it was really slow to reset a song and the loop process is very time consuming.
    IrealPro is great because it's fast to set up and get playing.

Here's what I have my students do when learning a song ;
    If it's an AABA tune with 8 bars in each section.
    1)Loop the first 4bars and practice the head , scales or whatever?
    2) do the same thing with bars 5-8
    3) then put all 8 bars together and loop
    4) Do steps 1,2 and 3 with the bridge
    5) do the whole song

good luck

Bob, I think what Kalokagathon may be pointing out is that in landscape mode the repeat countdown indicator does not show when you're in Playback at the bottom of the chart, which is exactly when you need it most. It does not travel downward with the scroll.

Aother problem I've noticed with landscape mode during Playback is that it does not scroll properly when the chart is more than eight lines long. After that it becomes increasingly difficult to read because the scroll lags behind and eventually your place in the tune is off the bottom; you can't read anything on charts that are 12 or 13 lines long. The problem becomes worse earlier if you have used one or more down-space arrows in the chart.

Jack
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-15-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks for the clarification.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Bob, I think what Kalokagathon may be pointing out is that in landscape mode the repeat countdown indicator does not show when you're in Playback at the bottom of the chart, which is exactly when you need it most. It does not travel downward with the scroll.
    Exactly!
    I took screenshots, but can't upload them - I'll send them to Massimo via mail.

Aother problem I've noticed with landscape mode during Playback is that it does not scroll properly when the chart is more than eight lines long. After that it becomes increasingly difficult to read because the scroll lags behind and eventually your place in the tune is off the bottom; you can't read anything on charts that are 12 or 13 lines long. The problem becomes worse earlier if you have used one or more down-space arrows in the chart.
    Jack
    I don't see that problem so much. I tried playing in landscape, and the chart scrolled as it should.
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Well, to be more specific, below is a test tune with 12 lines. On my iPhone 5C, with the latest OS 8.2 and the latest iRP 6.0.1:

Note that:
    During Playback in Landscape:
    •While lines 6 and higher are playing, the lyrics on the next line are not readable.
    •While lines 7 and higher are playing, the chord qualities on the next line are not readable.
    • While lines 10 and higher are playing, the lyrics on the line being played are not readable.
    • While line 12 is playing, the chord qualities on the line being played are not readable.
    •If there are any down-space arrows in the chart, it's worse.
    •If there are 13 lines in the chart, it's worse yet.

I hope it's just a matter of adjusting the scroll. This problem has been known since at least 2014-10-28, and Niki mentioned that it would be fixed, so perhaps it's been fixed already in the next update.

Scroll Test: 12 lines, no drop downs or 13th line - Irving Berlin 1911
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-16-2015 at 10:59 AM.